Page 1 of 2
/flame bait

My friend was listening to Public Enemy for some reason, and I was thinking, "This isn't so bad. It beats the shit out of jay-z and 50 cent and that". I never listened to rap before, but it seems like a real shame it could go from "Fight the Power" to "Im so tough, look at my slut". Should I single-handedly become a great rapper, along the lines of Public Enemy or NWA to beat the crap out of all the lame hippyhoppy lameness?
I've always wanted to do some underground hip-hop work, i.e. make some cool music for a guy to wax lyrical over.
no
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Yeah, there is some good rap/hiphop.
Mike Shinoda is a musical genious and a hiphop artist.
NWA isn't much better. They kind of started off the whole "I'm so tough, look at my slut" trend.

Public Enemy, The Coup, Dead Prez Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Run DMC...

There's a lot of good rap if you dig below the surface of what we're all spoonfed.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Lol.

Jay-z > you.

Average rapper > you.

5 year old asian girls > you.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by _3Lm0_

No, no...no he's not
no no no no no no no the last thing this world needs is more of that shit
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Go for it. The majority of rap is crap now-a-days, it's hard for me to listen to much of it. Up until I was 13-14, I pretty much equally liked rap and rock, and really appreciated both genres.

Now, it's hard for me to appreciate or like rap at all, because the songs are about stupid shit that doesn't make sense, and a lot of it's degrading to women and talking about how much "Benjamins" they have.

It's just stupid as hell. There are a handful of rap songs and artists I like now, but about 99% of the music I listen to is rock. I just think rock is a better genre anyway, and most of rap out there now is unbearable to me.
I think history will repeat itself.

Classic Rock (Generally "good") turned into Hair Metal (bad), which spawned grunge.

Cassic Rap (Public Enemy and such) turned into the mainstream crap we have now, which will spawn some good grunge rap (for lack of a better term). Then the Dwayn Cobain of grunge rap (that's how I like to think of him anyway) will kill himself.
Aesop Rock WHAT! C'mon guys, that sh.it on MTV isn't rap. That's commercialized money making crap. It's like calling Green Day punk.

Oh, go listen to the transplants. They're really good. Not a lot of rap, but it's there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Go for it, can't do more than get you laughed out of an open mic night at worst.

Listen to Immortal Technique.
Quote by Nelsean
Lol.

Jay-z > you.

Average rapper > you.

5 year old asian girls > you.

Pfft...I could probably kick a little asian girl's ass.

Anyways, do it. I'm super serial.
NWA was the original gangsta rap, but it was innovative and new, and was a lot more about their life than about pimpin' ho's and rollin' on 22's. The only reason you see all the pimp shit on MTV Jams now is because it sells.

But PE>>>>>NWA in my opinion, much more original and really defined (good) rap as it is known today. NWA ain't bad though.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Go for it, but remember it's a lot of work. Practise rhymes a lot, work on beats, and listen attentively to rap.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by wingedgopher
NWA isn't much better. They kind of started off the whole "I'm so tough, look at my slut" trend.

Public Enemy, The Coup, Dead Prez Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Run DMC...

There's a lot of good rap if you dig below the surface of what we're all spoonfed.

THe beastie boys aren't really below the surface...

Actually, the only ones I haven't heard of are The Coup and Dead Prez...

You're just listing older rap. Which is fair enough since I personally would rather listen to Run DMC than the shit that's new.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
Please try. Popular rap really needs to find its self again.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I don't mind B.I.G and Tupac I guess
but most of the new rap sucks, like Lil Jon, and all that shit
Quote by Twist of fate
So it doesnt feel like scraping your penis on sidewalk

my gear
Ibanez GRX40 guitar
Roland Cube 60 Amp
Ibanez IBZ10G Amp

Member of
[bThe UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)
Quote by A_New_Level
Damn January 07's

Damn Oct 06's........****ing retard
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by _3Lm0_

Quote by guitarpunk21
I don't mind B.I.G and Tupac I guess
but most of the new rap sucks, like Lil Jon, and all that shit

Ugh I cant stand BIG. They did that whole sentimental remix thing with one of his songs. Like for his memory, and it was a song about some chick sucking him off
Hell man, I'll support you. I've been trying on the side to get a little revolution of my own started. Of course i'm no lyricist but I do make beats and such on my spare time. It's be sweet to break ground as an underground producer makin tracks for artists I support.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Siftings
/flame bait

My friend was listening to Public Enemy for some reason, and I was thinking, "This isn't so bad. It beats the shit out of jay-z and 50 cent and that". I never listened to rap before, but it seems like a real shame it could go from "Fight the Power" to "Im so tough, look at my slut". Should I single-handedly become a great rapper, along the lines of Public Enemy or NWA to beat the crap out of all the lame hippyhoppy lameness?

Chuck D > Flava Flav
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Flava Flav was in Public Enemy!!

I thought that "Yeeeaaahhhh boy!" sounded familiar
Quote by Duff_McGee
Public Enemy and NWA is the only rap I can appreciate.

no run dmc?
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by wingedgopher

But they made good music out of it, as did all members of NWA going solo. They didn't suck at it.

I say go for it.
Page 1 of 2