I was about to do all the regular computer maintenance- empty the recycle bin, run crapcleaner and do spybot S&D, but I right clicked on the recycle bin and clicked delete and it said "Are you sure you want to delete WINDOWS?"

So of course I clicked no and I opened the recycle bin but nothing is in there. I made sure it was showing hidden files and still theres nothing in there. So I'm assuming I have some kind of virus or something along those lines, I am running a virus scan but I want to see if anyone here knows what's going on.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I didn't know of any file called windows, I certainly never put it there, and I'm the only one who used my computer today. (I had emptied the bin earlier)
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I've had that before, not sure what happened, but whatever you do since "WINDOWS" is all that's in the recycle bin, scan it. If it's not a virus, just run S&D anyway. I'm not sure how it happened, but it should go away, and you will be able to empty it without destroying your computer.
dont worry, its common for it to show windows in there after u have emptied it that day...if u try emptying windows, nothing will happen, it will stay in there. Check tomorrow and it will have gone from ur recycle bin.
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
There's a folder in your C drive called WINDOWS that's probably what it was. It has stuff like fonts and temporary files in it. It's probably not a virus you probably just did it by accident. Hope that helped.
Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quiltop
Line 6 Spider III 75W Combo (For Sale )
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 (For Sale

Looking for:
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
Did you have a file called WINDOWS?

We need Scourge....

yeah i must say his advice last time was beautiful
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.