i have been playing acoustic for a while now and im gonna start pluggin in every once in a while after reading a massive amount of reviews i decided to purchase the squier 51 guitar and i need a amp that can be very versatile which one do you people think is better? please help me out im torn between these two amps
Vox sounds better overall, esp. for more classic rock, etc. The Spider sounds digital at high volumes. Personally, I'd get the Vox, hands down.
Vox.. I have it. Gorgeous thing. I played the Line6 and they seem too artificial. Yeah yeah, I know they are :p but in general, it sounds really bad I think.

Vox ftw!
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Definitely the Vox, line 6 is decent but with the reasoning right above me, Vox.
Les Paul Player!
i also have the vox, tried out the line 6 and the vox beats it hands down
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
Don't go for pro-level line 6 stuff, Vox dominates in this area.

Well, vox wins in practice amps too, so...=P
the line 6 has a crapload of awesome presets though is the tone on the vox really that good that you guys would pass up the line 6 for the vox
Vox, I tried both. Even though a similarly watted vox is more expensive it is well worth the money. Vox modelling technology is very far superior to that of Line 6.

And don't underestimate the power of the AD30VT, I can be heard over a 100 watt fender bass amp, drums and another 30 watt amp when I am at band practice.

And I dare say, out of the 2 guitarists in our band my tone is better
"the line 6 has a crapload of digital, unusable presets" fixed

the vox will doninate but I suggest trying to get the 60, as you can flip it down to 30, but 30 more watts is quite a big deal.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
dude...I find it hard to believe a 30w SS would be heard over a drummer, unless it's like a 8 year old...., and if the bass was on the same volume you are, it would drown you out too...

also taking into account when a SS amp distorts (aka dimeing it) it's not too pleasant. The 60 is the best choice IMHO.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Rock Savior
dude...I find it hard to believe a 30w SS would be heard over a drummer, unless it's like a 8 year old...., and if the bass was on the same volume you are, it would drown you out too...

also taking into account when a SS amp distorts (aka dimeing it) it's not too pleasant. The 60 is the best choice IMHO.

hey, I'm stunned too, but if the amp is above floor level (IE on a chair) it projects quite well, and I also run it into a 2x10 cab sometimes too via my external speaker modding....
spider for hard rock/metal
vox for cleans/blues/classic and modern rock

As for me I like the Spider better, the vox just doesn't have enough gain for me.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
VOX!

Line 6 are shit. Honestly. Vox are valve state, have editable effects and can do basically ANY style.

Get it now. I'll never look back!