Hey, finally broke my first high E string on my electric today. Just restrung it and its tuned up to pitch. I know from what friends tell me that it will go slightly flat over the next couple of days, and will take time for the string to adapt. However, the question is: can I start practicing again?

Also, I only replaced the high E, is that a big deal?
Yea wait a month, he he he he he he he.
Praise the Lord, pass the ammunition, GOD WANTS YOU TO GO TO WAR!
yeah, you can play it as soon as you restring it
but you might have to retune i bit more often than usual at first

yes that is a big deal
it will sound like shit
replace them all
dude, you can
and thank god
cause if i had to wait, id die
i am TOTALLY addicted to the guitar
i go into withdrawal if im deprived of it
lol
but im not kidding
its pretty bad
but go ahead, play, just retune when it sounds like it needs it
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
you might want to just restring them all though
depends on how much you play or how well u clean ur neck u should change them every 2 weeks-a month
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Mmmm, I remember when I broke my first E string. Good memories. I remember I would still playing all the strings on my guitar I had left till they all broke. Then I when I finally had enough money, I'd go buy more and have my friend restring it for me. Good times
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
I would have restrung all of the strings. And yea, its fine to practice on, but the strings will start going flat. This can especially be a problem if you dont stretch the strings while putting them on. I usually aviod this by stretching the strings, AND tuning them 1/4 step sharp. Later (several hours or a day), I check to see how in tune the strings are, and I tune them accordingly. By that time the strings would have been fully stretched out.

So ya, you can start practicing again, but you will definitely notice the strings going flat. Just tune em up while you play.
Quote by Pin
Hey, finally broke my first high E string on my electric today. Just restrung it and its tuned up to pitch. I know from what friends tell me that it will go slightly flat over the next couple of days, and will take time for the string to adapt. However, the question is: can I start practicing again?

Also, I only replaced the high E, is that a big deal?

After you restring your guitar it gets untuned ****ing easily. so before you start playing it again you might want to stretch your strings.

do that up and down the neck for each string and then tune it back up. You'll probably have to do that a couple of times before it stays in tune. BE CAREFUL!! You don't want to break the string you just put on, it's very irritating.
As for your second question, you should replace all your strings at one time because then you won't have one set of strings that is missing one.
i is cool
Replace them all.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I don't mean to steal your thread but it's a related question. NOOB QUESTION ALERT: How do you know when you should change your strings?