helo thar!

i'm having a problem installing Counter-Strike on my computer and actually making it work...i have it installed, and the icons are on my desktop, etc...however, when i try clicking on it, nothing pops up...even when i try clicking on the steam icon, it just won't work...i already tried reinstalling it, but with no luck...i honestly don't know what the problem could be, so i was wondering if anybody who has experienced this or knows what's going on can help me out...any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Do you meet the required/recommended specs for your computer? Video card less than required or an unsupported video card could make it not open up. Thats how Splinter Cell was for me until I bought my new card.

Also, try talking to somebody from Steam, they're usually pretty helpful.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
you entered the code for the game and evrything?...and if you did that..restart your pc..and then try again..thats what I did and it worked fine for me after that
that's the thing, i didn't even get to the point in the installation where it even asked for a game code...and how much would a video card cost? how can i figure out the caliber of my card as of now?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

We dont need anymore fcking noobs in the game. You cant even figure out the specs on your PC??? LOL...No really dont even bother
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Quote by random_idiot144
We dont need anymore fcking noobs in the game. You cant even figure out the specs on your PC??? LOL...No really dont even bother

shut up and let him play the game.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by random_idiot144

well, genius, perhaps you could explain how to figure out the quality of my video card?
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Oh, man I had this same problem, but it's easy to fix...just make sure you follow these directions step-by-step....

Do this:

Go into your program files under your hard drive...look for a counter-strike folder, right click on it and click properties...now down in th bottom left corner should be th....

LET THE BODIES HIT THE *CH* *CH*--FLOOR!!!!!!!

...and after you get done rearranging those files repeat step six until your ping is at or below 300 for that server we talked about. Easy enough.
Quote by kurosawa
I dropped out of school ages 13!

That quote made my life...
go to display options and click on the settings tab. it will say on this screen. if you are unsure of how good ur card is, post it here.
Quote by Charlatan_001

Quote by Shredlet
it just says color quality (32 bit) and the resolution
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

uh...it should say. try going to advanced and look around.
Quote by Charlatan_001

Quote by Shredlet
i can't find it...well, how much would you guess a decent video card would run?
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by axe_grinder247
i can't find it...well, how much would you guess a decent video card would run?

First, what's the rest of your system specs? It's not necessarily a good idea to get a new video card for a piece of shit computer, bro.

Right click on the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop. Click properties. Click the hardware tab. Then device manager. Then display adapter. This should show which card you have.
it says Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by axe_grinder247

Thats onboard video, it sucks. You should get a cheap AGP (or PCI-e if your motherboard suppors it) video card.
Quote by axe_grinder247

Yeah, that's a built-in chipset. It isn't very good.

Which Counter-Strike are you talking about anyway? It definately won't work with CS: Source. My other computer has the same graphics chip and it could only run that game at like 5 frames per second lol.

Get something like a Geforce 5500 FX. It's a cheap budget card that'll probably give you decent framerate on CS:S.
Quote by random_idiot144

i hate twats who think they r so good and really they are fat losers who do nothing more than play cs and wank over there own fat tits.

there we go.

and if u want to find out ur pc spec go to run and type in dxdiag.