Page 1 of 3
today, i found out i'm not made for metal, Why?, i was listening to belphegor's Pestapokalypse VI, all the time i was thinking: this is not as amazing as it was a month ago...

then i put born under a bad sign by albert king on my stereo, and i was amazed by all the songs and the feeling in them

for some reason, i don't like metal anymore and i'm in love with blues

post some of your musical taste changes and similar experiences if you want, if you don't just flame me
Yep I moved to blues...but I love rock just as much. Blues just speaks to me a lot.
SPACE FOR RENT
You've had something about the blues in your sig for like 4 months now.

Anyway, I'd say from metal to Muse and RHCP was a pretty big jump for me.
I'm guessing it's just a phase.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Nu-Metal to Black Metal
Black Metal to Death
Death to Hard Rock
Hard Rock to Country
Country to Rap
Rap to Thrash Metal
Thrash Metal to Blues
Blues to Techno

Rinse, lather, and repeat.
Oh god, going through my style changes?

Grunge > classic rock > punk > funk > blues > metal > hard rock > funk > blues > metal > classic rock > blues
classic rock and nu metal to blues to metal then added classical, jazz, shred, and techno.
Quote by Leonheart
You've had something about the blues in your sig for like 4 months now.

Anyway, I'd say from metal to Muse and RHCP was a pretty big jump for me.

i was getting into blues and metalat the same time , but since the beggining of both, i found blues way more "sensitive"

Quote by drevil814
Oh god, going through my style changes?

Grunge > classic rock > punk > funk > blues > metal > hard rock > funk > blues > metal > classic rock > blues

mine was something like

Happy punk> punk> classic rock > grunge > the beatles > nu metal > grunge > trash metal > blues > death metal > jazz > death metal > jazz and blues
Metal to blues? Good decision man. I could never get into metal, I think its more or less a fad these days. Blues'll stay with you forever. Blues and classic rock. and blues rock. Stevie Ray Vaughan, ALlman brothers man. Doesnt get any better than that. Pure talent and feelin. Good choice
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
If you guys really like the blues you should see the movie Crossroads

i like it
Quote by psycadelicart
Metal to blues? Good decision man. I could never get into metal, I think its more or less a fad these days. Blues'll stay with you forever. Blues and classic rock. and blues rock. Stevie Ray Vaughan, ALlman brothers man. Doesnt get any better than that. Pure talent and feelin. Good choice

i got into blues just because this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLPDmUkZfbw
Classical > Pop > Rap > Pop > NU Metal (what was i thinking) > Classic Rock > Thrash Metal > Shred Guitar > Black / Death Metal > Power and Hair Metal (Now)
Quote by deluxity
today, i found out i'm not made for metal, Why?, i was listening to belphegor's Pestapokalypse VI, all the time i was thinking: this is not as amazing as it was a month ago...

then i put born under a bad sign by albert king on my stereo, and i was amazed by all the songs and the feeling in them

post some of your musical taste changes and similar experiences if you want, if you don't just flame me
you realise you can love both, right? also, for a neat crossover, i'm gonna go listen to some Down
Blues && Rap >> Hip-Hop/Rnb >> Pop >> Soul/Rnb >> Pop Rock >> Punk Rock >> Ska >> Punk >> Heavy Metal >> death metal >> Punk >> Grunge >> emo/ screamo >> Punk, Classic Rock, Acoustic RnB, Rave, Trance && House [now]
Quote by fallout_girl
Blues && Rap >> Hip-Hop/Rnb >> Pop >> Soul/Rnb >> Pop Rock >> Punk Rock >> Ska >> Punk >> Heavy Metal >> death metal >> Punk >> Grunge >> emo/ screamo >> Punk, Classic Rock, Acoustic RnB, Rave, Trance && House [now]

i'm getting into rave music too, i found out that i love to dance
I'm intending to keep interest in all genres I like by writing in different styles. If I ever get a band together, I'd have it be a metal band, and then I'd write about stuff frowned upon in metal (humor, love, random sayings on billboards) and play it for a possible solo project. The solo project would be poppier, and at the same time, exhibiting the quirks I'm known for. Think Frank Zappa or Primus mixed with a healthy dose of alternative rock.
Quote by deluxity

UR DOIN IT WRONG...
don't give up on metal... thas like giveing up a chance to lose your virginty except worse... and id bet you'd never realy be able to do blues... you may have the blues chops and feeling down... but you can never change that beast the lies within you...HEAVY METAL, heavy metal isn't a phase its a lifestyle and you can't stick with metal and move to blues without remembering your metal roots, then metal wants you the **** out... loz my rant for the day
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
god metal heads always do this its hard becuase blues is written completely diferent from metal. and it takes alot more soul than metal. you just have to understand it isnt random shred fests and power chords just to sound cool.
Quote by hendrixrocks4
god metal heads always do this its hard becuase blues is written completely diferent from metal. and it takes alot more soul than metal. you just have to understand it isnt random shred fests and power chords just to sound cool.

Black Sabbath was originaly a blues band and they invented heavy metal...AC/DC is like blues metal... Thus blues and metal mix well
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
I recently realized that Jazz is the bee's knees.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by hendrixrocks4

rofl

You're a fucking fool. Seriously. Expand your musical tastes. And listen to Opeth.

I love how every time something even related to metal gets posted in the Pit, people always try to sound INtErLecTual and bash it. Just give up.

Face it, you know 5 metal bands, and out of all those bands, you've heard just about nothing.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by psycadelicart
I think its more or less a fad these days.

Which...of course, explains why metal has been around for 30 years and has been constantly evolving from day one.

Yeah. Great point.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
im not saying i dont like old metal now that was blues but i dont really concider it metal, modern metal is written in a different time and is written in the same way that stuff like bach is written. thats all i am saying god why dont you accually figure something out about the music you listen to bitch
i moved froma brief stint w/ rap, hiphop, etc. to blues, rock, a bit of metal, acoustic, jazz...

basically anything that a guitar can do better than other instruments at
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by hendrixrocks4
im not saying i dont like old metal now that was blues but i dont really concider it metal, modern metal is written in a different time and is written in the same way that stuff like bach is written. thats all i am saying god why dont you accually figure something out about the music you listen to bitch

No, I'm pretty sure you just said that metal is just random shred fests and power chords just to sound cool.

In fact, I know that's exactly what you said.

rofl

You're telling me to learn about the music I listen to... ...And you can hardly make an invalid debate point without sounding like a moron...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
I grew up with classi crock/blues when I was a kid. Then when I was round 15 I started listening to shity rock music that was on MTV and the Radio. Got into LimpBizkit type shit and ect when all that stuff came out. Then went back to Classic Rock/Blues/60s rock about 4 years ago. Right B4 I pick up a guitar...
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Pop > Rap > Funk > Rock > Hard Rock > Classic Rock > Rock > Nu Metal > Hard Rock > Metal > Heavy Metal > Thrash Metal > Shred > Thrash Metal > Death Metal and Progressive Metal (Now)
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by hendrixrocks4

OPETH lolz its got alotta influences
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
No, I'm pretty sure you just said that metal is just random shred fests and power chords just to sound cool.

rofl

You're telling me to learn about the music I listen to... ...And you can hardly make an invalid debate point without sounding like a moron...

the fact of the matter is most guitarist in the world dont accually care about guitar and all they do is shred. Not metal bands guitarists but the people who listen to them. some people accually know what they are doing and i trust that you do but face the truth its sad but most people who play the guitar cant accually play it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

rofl

BUT dont forget sounding cool is important... and you have to look cool while your doin it
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by hendrixrocks4
the fact of the matter is most guitarist in the world dont accually care about guitar and all they do is shred. Not metal bands guitarists but the people who listen to them. some people accually know what they are doing and i trust that you do but face the truth its sad but most people who play the guitar cant accually play it.

music theory fan?

I (heart) music theory
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by Strat_Player
BUT dont forget sounding cool is important... and you have to look cool while your doin it

a perfect example of what i just said lol
Dude, dont give up on metal, or any style for that matter. dont say "Im done with metal, Now only blues!". Blues just happens to be my favorite genre, I love the whole aspect of it, especially the early "Devil at the Crossroads" deal. But I try to mix genres, you know, go for some straight up blues, then hit them with a blindengly fast shred solo, or vice versa. Mix it up, thats the way to go
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by hendrixrocks4

And you gotta understand that metal isn't all "shred fests and power chords", you ignorant ****er. You've obviously never listened to, or even tried to listen to metal before forming an opinion.
Quote by Strat_Player
Black Sabbath was originaly a blues band and they invented heavy metal...AC/DC is like blues metal... Thus blues and metal mix well

AC/DC is metal?

My Spanish Hearts
Page 1 of 3