how do i get it to sound like it does on the cd.becuase i got the fretting right but it still sounds weird. is their anything i need to do like mess with the distortion.
use the neck pup and make sure your playin it really fluidly

very loose pick motions

oh and you need about 5 years+ of getting completely trashed
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Tune down a half step, and use your neck pick-up, for that more "nasal" sound that Slash gets.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i use a 6 string tunner(just shows the string not the note) so i would just tune iflat of what it's sposed to be
I don't really think anybody can even get CLOSE to Slash's tone without using his exact gear.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I don't really think anybody can even get CLOSE to Slash's tone without using his exact gear.

Even then... its doubtful
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Alter-Bridge

I can...with a Line 6 of all amps. What I do is turn up the mids a little and put some reverb, about 12 oclock on the dial. Use the neck pickup. Make sure your gain is pretty high too.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
im having problems getting that sound aswell, you could try turning the tone down on you guitar cause my gnr book says he rolls the tone back,
this is as close as iv been able to get to his sound with my set up although im not very good on a guitar and im even worse at setting my amp up
epi les paul with alnico 2 pickups
marshall dsl401
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCAbpDBGQY
Last edited by scottish nutter at Jan 28, 2007,
Tune down each string by one semi-tone.
One 'fret'
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
^Sounds like you should be able to get pretty close with a Marshall Tube amp and an LP. Since you know what you're doing as well, you know rolling the tone back a little bit.

Yeah, thats pretty good I'd say.
Quote by scottish nutter
im having problems getting that sound aswell, you could try turning the tone down on you guitar cause my gnr book says he rolls the tone back,
this is as close as iv been able to get to his sound with my set up although im not very good on a guitar and im even worse at setting my amp up
epi les paul with alnico 2 pickups
marshall dsl401
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCAbpDBGQY

that sounded pretty close to me
ok, playing like slash is a hard feat lol....

anyways, roll the guitar volume back, neck pickup, lots of mids and treble, not too much gain, and alnico pickups are a must. Ceramics just won't do the trick honestly. Also be careful not too add too much gain, cuz that song is fairly clean until the powerchord stuff at the end.

thats my attempt to help.

As for effects, theres a lot of reverb, but also some slight chorus to get a full sound. Just a little though.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Last edited by Rock Savior at Jan 28, 2007,
Treble 5, Mid 7, Gain 7, Bass 6

Neck Humbucker, Single coil is just too thin, reverb no more than 3,

get alot of flesh to the string and relax, think feel not technical accuracy!!

finnaly, impress everyone and move onto the the solo!!
Lyrics, Wasted Time between solos!!

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG 470
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender Standard Strat
Line 6 Flextone II
Boss GT6
Jim Dunlop Wah
Settings thread, anyone?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Most people forget the half step down, or just find the tab which shows you how to play the into in standered
well i tried the intro with it tuned down a half step and the neck pick up and it sounded a bit like it but i didn't get the whole sound. becuase i don't hace the right stuff
And if you can't tune a half step down, just move all the fret notes down by one.

So 12-15-14-12-15-14-15-14

Becomes

11-14-13-11-14-13-14-14

Thats what I play (damn floyd rose trem)
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by Abe
^Sounds like you should be able to get pretty close with a Marshall Tube amp and an LP. Since you know what you're doing as well, you know rolling the tone back a little bit.

Yeah, thats pretty good I'd say.

Aye my DSL on OD1 with gain around 5, mids treble and bass all equalish and a touch of reverb sounds great. I use an Epi G400 not an LP. But with that amp with those settings all you have to do is flick the switch to the neck pickup and it turns into a beautiful Sweet Child O' Mine sound.

Cheers.