Ok..can anyone expain to me what a true emo is..cuz i dont think its possible..someone told me that there are certain emo bands i dont believe that
My gear:
1982 Peavey Falcon
2004 Les Paul
2006 Peavey Transtube
2007 Youngblood 100w cab
2002 Dean Playmate Bass
2002 Dean Bassola
What? There are emo bands!? SAY IT AIN'T SO!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
FUCKING DIE

we don't need or want anymore lame-ass threads.

fucktard.
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
There's no such thing as a real emo band, real emos are depressed/suicidal, they usually don't die their hair black and don't always cut. They're usually Bi-Polar or have a case of OCD.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Reported for being a moron (that spams)
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Emos Suck
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Alter-Bridge

Is that a Weezer reference because if so, I give you kudos.
so many emos are fake, because..emos want to be alone, but at my skool they all for some reason travel and packs...and laugh and smile....they're ****ing posers, so i egged them...true story
Emo is a "music" genre which consists of singing that resembles crying and the male vocalists usually sound like girls. The lyrics are about depression, suicide, failure, and loneliness. Emo music has a lack of music theory and is more of a dress style and attitude than a Music genre.

My standpoint:
Kill them all.
Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Since its inception, emo has come to describe several independent variations, linked loosely but with common ancestry. As such, use of the term has been the subject of much debate.

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe the music of the mid-1980s Washington, DC scene and its associated bands. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and strongly emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.
why do people hate emos so much hahaha i havnt really met any emos so i dont know
when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - jimi hendrix
Quote by Alter-Bridge

i will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home

nah nah nah nah.....

im sorry....it just slipped out
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
emos? as in people... sorry bud, emo is not people, emo is music that was in the late 80s till around 94. the "emo" bands of today arnt emo at all if anything their pop rock and indie rock. look up bands like the promis ring and rites of spring for actual emo music. as for the music its basicly old school punk with more poetic thoughtfull lyrics. hope that helps you out