I play a Firebird VII through a fender blues junior all tube amp, I'm looking for an overdrive pedal to play classicrock/blues...would you recommend the tube screamer, boss blues driver or a visual sounds pedal? Thanks.
blues driver
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Blues Drive or a Tubescreamer. As much as I love the Jekyll & Hyde, distortion pedals and tube amps don't mix. The Blues Driver sounds very good, I think it has a little more grind than the Tubescreamers. Try them out, you can find them at almost any music store.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Try a load of OD pedals out, it's all personal preference.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the boss sd-1 is good, the digitech bad monkey kicks ass for the price, and check out the "green line" pedal by smart people factory. they're a group of kids who make custom stompboxes and their green line overdrive is definitely their flagship pedal.
the boss sd-1 is good, the digitech bad monkey kicks ass for the price, and the route 66 by visual sound might be good to check out. also, look into the "green line" pedal by smart people factory. they're a group of kids who make custom stompboxes and their green line overdrive is definitely their flagship pedal. http://www.asharpmusicco.com/effects/effectpages/spfpedals.html
DOD 250, best OD pedal ever for classic rock and blues.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
There are too many to list and many of them are pretty decent. Depends on what you are looking for really. I play through a Fulldrive 2 and a Keeley Modified TS9, both are awesome.

I'm thinking of taking a look at the Maxon OD9. Maxon made the old Ibanez Tubescreamers and these have the same 'guts'. And they are true bypass too which is cool. They have a larger range it seems as well for driving the amp. The MJM Blues Devil sounds great too.