I want to get a good distortion pedal, but I'm not sure which one to get. I have a Boss ODB-3 and I'm not satisfied with what i can do with it. I know its not made for distortion and crunch. My question is, what is the best distortion pedal I can get for its price?
Quote by Nelsean

If Brad Pitt hit on me though I would shove one up his bum.

Baby Elite of the Red vs Blue club. PM fret13 to join.

UG spartan #91
i want something that can produce lots of crunch.
Quote by Nelsean

If Brad Pitt hit on me though I would shove one up his bum.

Baby Elite of the Red vs Blue club. PM fret13 to join.

UG spartan #91
proco turbo rat, russian big muff, boss xtortion (if you can find it, it's actually not that bad on bass), marshall guv'nor, ibanez pd7, and I personally like the ODB-3 if set properly.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Boss Metal Zone

Designed for guitar
Rawks on bass.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Russian big muff is awesome on bass
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
believe me , your boss odb3 is more versatile than you think. it just takes a bit of experimenting. if you want i clearer overdriven notes, try to boost you low and cut you high slightly. if you want crunch type of distortion, then try cuttting the lows and boost the highs. theres alot more that you can do other than playing with the eq on the pedal. you can adjust you amp eq,adjust from "dry" to "wet" or vice versa on the pedal, adjust the gain, use more of your bridge or neck pickup, or both.
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get the Ibanez Phat-Hed. It's great, very versatile. You can get a good heavy metal distortion sound to a crunchy overdrive and even a geddy lee type sound going on.
Originally posted by Fendon
your freakin ugly bud

do you have cancer?