Well i'm a bit low on cash and have other expenses but I just have to mention this guitar, may be while before I get it but I will.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511165

I played it at guitar center today and was blown away I loved what the mahogany did with the guitars tone.

Anyone have past experiances with this? How was it?

Did it take away from the actual strat sound too much?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 27, 2007,
That guitar looks AWESOME! Fender playabilty with Gibson tone and sustain! Looks like it comes with locking tuners as well Finally, you can use the strat trem!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I love the strat shape, but not so much the tone. I'd actually consider buying one of those if it came in a better finish.
I've never played it, but I have a strat and a Gibson SG (mahogany neck and body).

The Gibson is much more neck heavy which is ok, but not ideal. The tone is much sharper, which again is good sometimes but not ideal. It is great for sliding but all in all I prefer the tone of the Fender.

I am all about Fender. They make the highest quality stuff I have ever used. Guitars, amps, strings, accessories.
AHHHHHHGGG its HSS!

Id buy it in a heartbeat if it was SSS
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
go for it!
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
That guitar looks AWESOME! Fender playabilty with Gibson tone and sustain! Looks like it comes with locking tuners as well Finally, you can use the strat trem!

yea it would have a somewat gibson tone because of the wood but the fender pickups would keep it voiced like a hot strat just with a little less treble sound but it would sound amazing not to bright not to dark it would be perfect oo and it doesnt have locking tuners there just plain sealed tuners but i would buy lockin tuners for it lol so u could abuse that trem alot
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
wow, gibson tone fender playabiltiy. kinda reminds me of the red special brian may guitar.... groovy shame about the HSS config tho
I guess I could always change that, a different pickgaurd and a single coil in place. The guitar could be SSS.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I made a mahogany strat once i like the mahogany better (my dad has a fender usa strat) its got a better tone but it is more heavy like a les paul
To the people that didn't like the finish and the humbucker: I'm sure you can get it with a few different finishes besides that one and the s-1 system can coil tap the humbucker so that it operates as a single coil, you could also easily put a single coil in like others have said.
That thing is SEXY. I love the transparent red with the black pickgaurd and the black headstock.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by 1fine69
To the people that didn't like the finish and the humbucker: I'm sure you can get it with a few different finishes besides that one and the s-1 system can coil tap the humbucker so that it operates as a single coil, you could also easily put a single coil in like others have said.

are you sure it makes the humbucker operate as a single coil? I'm not sure if it does, I know that the singles are linked to form a humbucker sound but the opposite, i'm not sure of....
Quote by JDawg4098
are you sure it makes the humbucker operate as a single coil? I'm not sure if it does, I know that the singles are linked to form a humbucker sound but the opposite, i'm not sure of....

The humbucker in my Schecter taps too. It changes the tone, but it doesn't give you that single feel, in my opinion. But yes, it acts as a single coil.

EDIT: As for the guitar, I'm not a big fan of the finish. Otherwise it's pretty damn sexy.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
The humbucker in my Schecter taps too. It changes the tone, but it doesn't give you that single feel, in my opinion. But yes, it acts as a single coil.

So should I really be wanting an SSS strat too, in addition to my HSS? =P
I would. If you've already got an HSS and are looking into a new one I'd go with an SSS. No sense buying more of the same, =P. I personally like single coils in the neck position, and my guitar has that too. So I just ignore the tapping altogether. It does have a noticeable effect on the sound, but actual singles are still much better. All in my opinion, of course.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
when the switch is up, it will coil tap the humbucker when in parallel with the middle pickup (second position). when the switch is down, it will coil tap the hum in combination when in series with neck pickup, which is in parallel with middle pickup (4th position).

idk if this is considered full coil-tapping or not, but those two settings appear to be the only ones that tap
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.