http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ICB200-4String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-?sku=519778

hey thats the link to the bass im checking out

i played it and i absolutley loved it! i just wanted some input from you guys, i play funk, classic rock, and some RHCP stuff

is this bass for me? anybody with experience with this bass? i heard with a strap the bass is a pain in the ass...help?

thanks in advanced!
more hardcore? i don't want something hardcore...i don't play metal, though i realize the shape is considered "hardcore" its whatever i want it to be, if i see it as a funk bass then it is, the question is will it be good for my playing style
I've only played an ICB briefly, so don't take my opinion as the final word. It's a great bass for classic rock, it has a thick retro sound that reminds me of a Thunderbird. As for funk and whatnot, I'm not sure the slap tone is so great for it. It's not bad, just decidedly retro. You may actually prefer it.

If you played it and love it, then go for it! Ibanez makes damn fine basses.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by ibenz
dude couterpoise is rite get sumthing more hard core

Eh? I was saying "get the Iceman, it's bad ass..." not "get something better".
^ He saw what he wanted to see
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I don't know how well slapping and such would work on that bass, but if you have played it and think it's worth it then go ahead.