which string gauge is good for a heavier sound i have the gauge 10 13 17 26 36 46 2221 ernie ball on my strat and my high e broke in my face and ima buy a who new set . i play alot of a7x and metallica.. what gauge and company is the best??
that gauge should be fine for that type of music. I would suggest either Ernie Balls or D'Addarios. There's really no other way to avoid breaking strings than being more careful when doing bends on the higher frets.
I think a7x use .009s and I know Metallica does. But if you want it a bit heavier I'd say stick with the ernie ball 10s.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i use dr hi beam 10's and there awesome really long life deep sound good for everything , ive also never broke one before and im a very aggressive player most of the time i pick really hard and strum but if ur lookin for heaveier go with 11's and i would look at dr's and d'darrio strings which are really good
but if u up ur gauge u might have to fix ur intonation but if ur only goin from 10's to 11's u will be fine any higher u will have to adjust intontation
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
for a heavier sound, i highly reccomend
D'Addario Light Top Heavy Bottom
or
D'Addario Medium Top Heavy Bottom
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
those are the regular ten guage.
it usually specifies if the low or top strings will be heavier than those of the average 10 guage set.
(like in the light/medium top heavy bottoms i reccomended you!)
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules