I'm looking for a recording software that's as easy to use and effective as Garageband, but for a PC. I tried Audacity but.. meh. It's a bit clunky. imo, though maybe I just suck.

Anyone got some alternatives? Or...How hard is it to DL pirated versions of stuff like fruity loops?
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Piracy is wrong.

</hypocrisy>

I normally recommend Audacity. It works great for me, but I'm an acoustic singer/songwriter...
Well the thing I have trouble w/ is that even playing along w/ a metronome it's really damn hard to link up more than 1 part w/ audacity. Unless I'm missing something (I just cut a little bit away each time until the two parts sync...)

ableton live is the way to go. or cakewalk
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
wrong forum!
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
I don't think a new recording program will fix your latency problem. What kind of gear are you using to record? I've been using audacity with a Delta 1010 audio interface and all of my tracks line up. Maybe you just need a hardware upgrade?
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Adobe Audition 2 is decent..
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Wavepad if you're really desperate. It's an incredibly easy program.
Get off my lawn.
I think it may be my recording stuff then, didnt know recording equipment could make the tracks line up. I use a ghetto voice microphone for a computer....

Quote by Metal claw
Maybe you just need to work on your timing then.

You saying that my metronome is off time? :P I cant get the clicks to line up without significant nit picking (cut...play...cut...play...) I'm playing on time.

Quote by elementskater7s
protools

+1 if you have tons of money
Quote by Xinlitik
Well the thing I have trouble w/ is that even playing along w/ a metronome it's really damn hard to link up more than 1 part w/ audacity. Unless I'm missing something (I just cut a little bit away each time until the two parts sync...)

I don't know if I understand your problem correctly, but if it's a latency problem like I'm assuming, there's an option under File - Preferences - Audio I/O - Software Playthrough. I was having the same problem you were until I unchecked that box.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
I don't know if I understand your problem correctly, but if it's a latency problem like I'm assuming, there's an option under File - Preferences - Audio I/O - Software Playthrough. I was having the same problem you were until I unchecked that box.

I'll give that a try, thanks.