alright, first of all i do know that there is an ipod question thread. I would just like an answer before next week. thanks.

I'm just asking all of the iPod owners how they listen to their ipods in the car AND in their house (without headphones). I want to play mine in my car and my house. I don't want to buy a speaker system (bose for example) that is designed for ipod and costs just as much as one. I have a nice speaker system. I would like to be able to buy a transmitter that plays the ipod over the radio without having to be plugged into the cars lighter plug. All of the fm transmitters i've seen that aren't pieces of crap need to be plugged into the car lighter plug. There's the itrip, but i've heard they suck.

So what do all u ipod owners do? just buy that bose system so u can listen in your house and buy an fm transmitter just for your car? I wasn't planning on spending that much, but what other options are there? don't say headphones. I hate headphones.

thanks for replies.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
In my house I use my computer. My radio transmitter got stolen with my old ipod, so in the car i just do Cds and radio. The cassette deck adapter for the ipod allows it to come in clearer then the radio transmitter, especially when you're listening to a very bassy track.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I have the iTrip and I think it works fine.
Originally posted by josephde
i feel like an idiot, so plz don't flame me, but is hendrix still alive?

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

itunes in my house

ipod cassette deck thing in my car i have the wireless fm transmitter too but thats for the ipod mini which i filled and didnt feel like spending another 80 on a new one for ipod video

and the cassette deck is cheap and very good
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by hendrix513
I have the iTrip and I think it works fine.

is that like lsd?
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Teh1337Hax0rz
is that like lsd?

Yeah.
Originally posted by josephde
i feel like an idiot, so plz don't flame me, but is hendrix still alive?

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

just save up for a stereo system that has a 3.5mm input and then buy and adapter and as for the home setup get a cheap av adapter from radioshack or a good monster quality one from best buy , then you 100% perfect quality output
if you have a cassette player in your house/car, you should definately choose the cassette adapter over shitty fm transmitters. this is because the cassette adapters have a much better sound quality, as they provide a direct, solid connection between your mp3 player and the stereo, as opposed to fm radio signals, which are often weak and make the sound quality shitty.
At home, I either use itunes or just plug your ipod into my amp with an adapter (clean channel only of course). I have an FM adapter that doesn't need to be plugged into the car, but it just runs off the ipod and drains its battery like crazy.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
don't get an fm transmitter.

its doesn't work as good as something like a tape deck. or atleast for me it didn't
"For Us, For Them, For You"
I have an AirPlay FM transmitter, it works fine in the car, but when I'm at home, I use my Bose speaker dock. It owns the shit out of everything else.
thanks for all of the posts, they're really helpful! I think this is the first time that everyone has actually said something helpful, instead of talking about butsecks. Thanks very much!

My car is a honda accord, and unfortunately it doesn't have a cassette player. So instead of downgrading to a different stereo system for my car, I'd rather just use a transmitter. But thanks for helping me out!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by Gin_Rummy
I have an AirPlay FM transmitter, it works fine in the car.

AirPlay! Thats what I've got, I just can never remember the name. Sounds good, but bad for battery.

And something else that should be added... with FM transmitters, you can jerk people around if you know what station they're listening to, and then transmitting your songs over that station. Works especially well with death metal transmitting over the top of Oldies 104.1
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
i bought one that plugs into the cigarette lighter in Japan for AU$16

works nicely and as opposed to a tape deck i can use it in any car with radio, not just ones with cassette decks

oh and the bass response issue doesn't happen cause i bought a creative zen Plus V
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects