How are these things? I know they have actual tubes in them but for $300 i can put it twords a new tube amp. Can anyone think of a pedal that has an actual tube in it thats any cheaper?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Rocktron Silver Dragon.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Some Electro Harmonix pedals. Why do you want pedals with tubes in them? They aren't any better than those without.
Quote by mr_hankey
Some Electro Harmonix pedals. Why do you want pedals with tubes in them? They aren't any better than those without.

Wouldnt one with actual tubes be warmer and sound more vintage than one that just models tubes?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Wouldnt one with actual tubes be warmer and sound more vintage than one that just models tubes?

No. A good transistor-based pedal will sound vintage and warm if put in front of a tube amp. Tubescreamers are good examples; they sound like shit into SS amps, but amazing into tube amps.
Quote by mr_hankey
No. A good transistor-based pedal will sound vintage and warm if put in front of a tube amp. Tubescreamers are good examples; they sound like shit into SS amps, but amazing into tube amps.

If i had a tube amp thats what i would do, hence why im interested in tube pedals.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
I had an Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes years ago that I ran in front of a SS bass amp. Much warmer than a standard OD/distortion pedal, IMHO.

Mine would be "vintage" now, I don't know how the new ones sound.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.