Anyone have any input on this guitar?

Apparently, the thing sold new for $700, but it gets pretty sketchy reviews on Harmony Central. I found an excellent buy on one, and I'm wondering if I might be able to turn it around.

Ditto for a Fender Stage 112 amp.

Any info/opinions would be appreciated.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm in New York.

I can't believe the prices of everything in Australia!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
DO NOT GET IT, for 700 you could just get a Japanese prestige or a 2nd hand ones.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
DO NOT GET IT, for 700 you could just get a Japanese prestige or a 2nd hand ones.

Oh no! I'm looking at spending closer to $200 for the thing. I'm just wondering what it's worth. I can't find a lot of info on it, but I was thinking of buying it just to sell it on eBay.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
if it's the korean one, there's a good chance an OFR will fit. You'd need to try it to see what quality it is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The trem is probably a lo trs or lo trs 2... I'd say don't get it, but if you do swap out the trem for an OFR.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
^ well, if it's korean it's probably lo-trs II, which means that although it's a worse trem, (as far as I know) the studs are the same size as an OFR. The lo-trs, while slightly better, has the wrong size studs so you'd have to drill to fit a better trem (with its studs). of course, guitars fitted with the lo-trs are MIJ (like my rg470).

it's just another of ibanez's extremely gippy business practices. they want you to have to fork out for a 1570. the only trems which are a direct swap for the good trems are on guitars that it's debatable that they deserve the upgrade. While on those that are (i.e. my rg470), you have to faff about with some drilling.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
While on those that are (i.e. my rg470), you have to faff about with some drilling.

Is there a big difference between the 450 and the 470? I just watched a 470 sell for $365 + $40 shipping on eBay.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
450 has pickguard while the 470 doesnt. Its like the comparison between the 550 and the 570 accept that its worst. Its equipped with the LoTRSII which you'll have clunkiness and wobbliness on the arm. the 450s also have triangle inlay (cept the maple which has dots).

Most 470s have V pickups which is better than those INFs on the 450s. The best RG450s is the 2003 RG450LTD MIJ, kinda hard to get, equipped with Edge Pro, V pickups and Japanese Wizard II neck.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jan 29, 2007,
Quote by slatsmania
Is there a big difference between the 450 and the 470? I just watched a 470 sell for $365 + $40 shipping on eBay.

well, i'd say my 470 is worthy of upgrading, just it's darned awkward to do so. it doesn't feel all that much worse than the old 550's and 570's, or the modern prestiges. it feels better than the modern pro series jacksons which are raved about (mainly because of having duncans stock ), to me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?