i've been playing for two and a half years...and i've been using my first amp this whole time.

a marshall mg15cd

which SUCKS. at first my parents were gonna get me a small amp just in case i got lazy and quit right away, so they just took whatever had overdrive and cost under $100.

now i'm in two bands. a metal one and a punk one to support my friend. we're getting into serious gigs, so i talked my parents into getting me a new amp. i'm gettin a job too so it should help some.

i play alot of stuff like pantera, lamb of god, children of bodom, metallica, kreator, testament, exodus, mastodon, superjoint ritual, etc. mostly metal. so i'd like an amp that would give me a good metal tone and maybe have fun fx. and i don't care too much for clean channels, though i would like an amp with good clean as well as overdrive.

looking around i've found a few things that don't seem to be too bad.

but then again i dont know shit about amps...just a few brands

RX120DHS Guitar Half Stack for $500...save $200
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Watt Head for $300
if i get the ibanez, i wouldn't know what kind of cab to get

and that's all i could find really...i'd appreciate any help i can get...i tried reading other threads but like i said, i need alot of help.
the randall is alright if u want something cheap for metal.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
theres nothing wrong with marshall mg15. those sound pretty decent for its size~ anyways, do you plan on carrying the amp around a lot?? i'd go with the line 6 flex's~ those baby are ****in nice but they're damn heavy
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
You do not need a half stack. The best thing you could get is a tube combo. It will be much louder than those SS heads, and it will sound a trillion times better.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Rg50tc
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
hey you guys if youre gonna tell me to get like a tube amp or something could you give me an example of a good one? because like i said, i don't know shit about amps.

and yeah, the mg15 actually isn't bad for it's size...but it's a practice amp and i can't use it for live shows.

as for the weight of the amp, that doesn't really matter to me. as long as it's a good one.
....has anyone tried the
ibanez tone blaster amps??

IS412CS 4 x 12 straight cab
TBX150H 150 watt head w/reverb

i just talked to someone at the closest music store....altogether they would cost me $450.
man, that randall looks really cool. i think i've seen it at a music store...i just never got the chance to try it. and i've never even heard of the other brand. other than a good tone i want an amp i can show off though which is why i'm looking at stacks and stuff.
Quote by AnarchyGuitarst
other than a good tone i want an amp i can show off though which is why i'm looking at stacks and stuff.

I get that concept, but in the long run, you'll be better off getting a better quality combo. You'll have a better amp, and you'll have an easier time getting it around. Those 4 x 12's get a little old when you don't have a roadie! The Ashdown is probably a good choice for metal. People like the B-52, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.