My comp has decided that every time i play a sound not in the MP3 format it's going to distort it and make it sound messed up, it sound elongated and warped

It doesn't mess with iTunes

GP5, Sibelius, Audacity (1.3beta) are the ones i'm having trouble with, it's also messing with my Windows sounds, i have just put in the Vista Transformation pack but it was having this problem before i did that

Any ideas?

Is it as simple as just re-installing drivers or is there a major problem? if i format the harddrive the problem goes away but i'm sick of having to do it

Thanks

And all internet sites are not working sound-wise either, youtube, myspace video, google video etc etc, they are just warbled like the rest of my computer
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Jan 28, 2007,
Vista? theres you problem! anyways your computer is probably encoding the audio files wrong. is it when you playback? or when you render?(not sure whats your doing before this happens)
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
no i'm not doing anything
not rendering or anything

Whenever a sound that's not MP3 is made (ie the beep you get when you do something wrong on windows) it just warps it

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
so is it when you double click the file and the default program launches? or when you use Audicity and you drag a file into the prject window?
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
if i record something with audacity for example, when i try to play it back it's messed up
if i try to play a GP5 program it's messed up
etc etc

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
ok i've had this problem with sony acid on my old comp. try rendering what you recorded and play it on a regular player(ie. windows media) if it plays back fine. when your comp might not have enough RAM to support the programs functions. try closing out programs that you dont need. like that quicktime sh1t on the start up. anyways if that doesnt fix it then i dont know man. your on your own.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
hahaha thanks man, the RAM thing seems likely, everything used to work fine but it's likely i've just got too much running, thanks

Any other things it might be though if it's not that? (to anyone)

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross