Phyrgian Dominant!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
minor pentatonic in key of d, first shape
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
At the moment, it's the double harmonic scale. I love it. Nice Egyptiany sounding stuff.
B Blues or A Harmonic Minor.

You know you can play a John Petrucci or Paul Gilbert solo to someone and they may shrug, but as soon as they hear a few simple licks from those scales they grin like a Cheshire cat.
Either Phrgian dominant, or Dorian.
Carpe diem; Seize the day.

Just be.

Scales are notes, not shapes, boxes, or patterns.
Last edited by fendermalmsteen at Jan 28, 2007,
Aah, good old pentatonics. Or phrygian. Don't really know how to use harmonic minor yet.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Aeolian and blues.

Quote by Mikeoman
Don't really know how to use harmonic minor yet.
There are a lot of ways to use it, but one of the common ways is to use the V7 chord in a minor key. Normally, a minor progression would go something like Am G F Em. That is completely within the standard A minor scale. Now, change the Em (the five chord) to E7 and play Am G F E7. Use A Aeolian over the first three chords and A harmonic minor over E7. It will sound very Spanishy.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Melodic minor and Lydian tickle me.

So does a bushy mustache.

The whole tone will just ram new ideas into your head.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
I am a huge fan of the blues. And on occasion, the good old major scale. Just so simple and delightful.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help