Songs that either changed your life or make you unbelievably happy...

Page 1 of 4
Simple enough, what songs have changed your life or can bring you up in any situation?

My three are...

The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize (changed my views on life)
The Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime (it somehow conveys a strange feeling to me and i get it even if i dont listen to the words)
U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love) (love him or hate him, Bono can take a chorus to another level)
Last edited by unplugtheradio at Jan 28, 2007,
Hey, Unplugtheradio dude - that's three you tit lol

Anyways mine would have to be Mother by Danzig and On a Plain by Nirvana.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by South-of-Heaven
Hey, Unplugtheradio dude - that's three you tit lol

Anyways mine would have to be Mother by Danzig and On a Plain by Nirvana.

haha, i had two then added U2 at the end.

ohwell.
Songs that changed my life..... dunno, more albums really, anyway, a song that makes me really happy everytime I hear it is 4 - Aphex Twin, I dare anyone to listen to that song and not feel happy
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Hey There Dehlila and A Lonely September by Plain White T's

I absolutely love those two songs. Have my babies?

Other than those two, Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson.
Umm well one song I really really like is It Never Rains by Dire Straits.
One song that changed my life is another Dire Straits song, Romeo and Juliet; it was the first song I tried to learn on guitar for my gf.
sway by lostprophets

oh my sweet jesus.
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
"Layla" by Derek And The Dominoes --- Not so much a life-changer, but whenever I hear Clapton, I know it's gonna be a good day.

"Pride And Joy" by SRV --- First song I played live (small open mic show), dedicated it to a girl I was trying to hook up with. Didn't work, though.
"welcome to the jungle" got me into rock n' roll, and made me branch out from rap (even though i still love tupac's music, haha), pink floyd's "money" made me love the blues and november rain is just such an amazing song, words just can't do it justice
Tupac sucks, sure he was a gangsta but he was still a shit rapper, if you want a real gangsta who also raps you should listen to Big L
Floods outro by Pantera, if that song was mainstream i think it could stop a nation
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by evilchuck
Tupac sucks, sure he was a gangsta but he was still a shit rapper, if you want a real gangsta who also raps you should listen to Big L

Tupac's good.
yo.

I BELIEVE
like the angel by rise against opened me up to a whole new world of music. also, deadbolt by thrice inspired me to pick up the guitar. and money for nothing by dire straits was my first introduction rock and roll when i was about 5 and my father played that tape in our '69 toyota all the time. that band's music has kinda come to symbolize my relationship with my pops. wow
Quote by evilchuck

dude don't even talk shit over the internet to me about who which rapper u think is better cuz i ain't even gonna listen to you
Wish You Were Here - Incubus
It made me realize that no matter where you are, no matter how happy you are, you always wish the perfect person for you was there with you.

In The Middle of a Heartbeat - Helloween
Mine and my ex's song...its just a really special song to me.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
When i first started playing guitar, I was still listening to rap all the time. Then I heard GnR's cover of Knocking on Heavens Door, and I was amazed. From that moment, I became a diehard Guns N' Roses fan, and never listened to rap.
like the angel by rise against opened me up to a whole new world of music. also, deadbolt by thrice inspired me to pick up the guitar.

First song I ever performed, awesome song.
yo.

I BELIEVE
all around you or sailor- both by The Brian Jonestown Massacre
now extra flamey
Eruption - Van Halen
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by unplugtheradio

The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize (changed my views on life)

Nice choice.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Across The Night - Silverchair
If my dreams were made into song, it'd sound like this.

Aqueous Transmission - Incubus
Its just so beautiful.

What You Want - John Butler
I dont know what it is about this song, it just gets me.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
Mark Knopfler - the Ragpicker's Dream
Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears
Blink 182 - Dammit inspired me to learn guitar
Canon Rock - JerryC
Andrew WK - She Is Beautiful

And probably a million others. Every song that I like has some effect on me. I have wierd associations with every song.
Wishful Thinking - John Petrucci
Fine Again - Seether
Broken (ft. Amy Lee) - Seether
Back Into Your System - Saliva
Always - Saliva

Yeah...
NOPE.
south of heaven - slayer

a sadistic smirk came to my face the first time i heard it
Welcome To The Jungle - GnR
It's just the great riff that gets me going.

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
This one really changed me. It got me into Pink Floyd and it made me broaden my horizon of music. As well as it's a song that helps me through situations.

Fade To Black - Metallica
Must I say more?

And as a teenager Korn meant a lot to me too. Not even a specific song I loved everything. Got me into metal and such. Still like it.
So Here We Are - Bloc Party Changes me from a rage to mellow in 3:54 seconds.
Straight To Hell - The Clash Enlightens.
Buck Rogers - Feeder
Don't Look Back Into The Sun - The Libertines
Both Cheer Me Up.
Going Missing - Maximo Park
In My Heart - Moby
Both remind me of my ex painfully.
Hoppipola - Sigur Ros
Wind Cries Mary, All Along The Watchtower - Hendrix

I have so many songs that mean loads to me. I'll stop now before I bore everyone more.
Quote by sashki

Blink 182 - Dammit inspired me to learn guitar.

and me lol

Mr. Brigtside by the killers if fairly meaningfull to me

as is naive by the kooks

hell, most music is life changing
Take it easy by the Eagles kinda changed my life. I was like 4 or 5 years old and my dad was driving me home and I heard the song on the radio and my little feet just started tapping along to the beat and my head was bobbing and hte whole thing. My dad laughed his ass off and I have been hooked on rock music ever since.

Other important song: Shine on you crazy diamond. It changed the way I listen to and appriciate intrumental music. I know it has vocals but in the last couople of minutes or so. The first 6 minutes or so of instrumental music is brilliant and brought a whole new respect for music and intrumentals that I never had before. Gilmour is a genious.
The 'Everything Must Go' album by the Manic Street Preachers. First album I ever heard, now I have all of theirs.
As of lately, the song that's had the most impact on me is Stay, by Jessica Harp (also one half of The Wreckers). It's about life and fate and to quote her directly, "Leave your goodbyes with me tonight - don't mind what's wrong, just go set it right"

The whole point is, don't dwell on a problem, just go set it right.

If you don't mind acoustic pop rock and want an inspirational track, PM me and i'll PM you a link.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Jan 28, 2007,
Master of puppets changed my life and battery makes me happy
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
i dunno bout changing my life but vermillion pt 2 always makes me sad cos i can relate to it
evenflow by pearl jam, got me into pearl jam, and then pearl jam changed my life in so many ways
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Page 1 of 4