Ive been thinkin bout gettin me a new OD pedal, my nano muff is great but it aint that versatile, perfect for blues but not much heavier. So i made 50 quid (bout $100) this morning, i can wait a week and ill have about 70 quid (bout $140). Any recomendations for a versatile OD for me. I play indie, brit rock, blues, fusion and jazz. It doesnt have to be anything with ridiculous amounts of gain, but something that will suit my style pretty well.
Any help is cool
Joe
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

have u tried the Ibanez Tubescreamer? i love the nice tone and use it as a noise gate most of the time in tandem w/ distortion, but i also use it when i play blues. Maxon makes a similar pedal that's just as good and neither is too expensive.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
kwl thanx, what does the rat sound like anyone?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Seriously, the Rat 2 is what you want. You turn distortion or filter 1mm and it changes the sound completely, really really versatile and it sounds great through a tube amp. I think the key is to roll down the distortion and higher the volume to use it as a boost to the amp.
nice stuff, isnt it like a fuzz though, or could you get some nice smooth overdrive sounds out of it?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

i second the Rat II option. also, for about $100 US you can get a Tech 21 SansAmp GT2. They'll do everything from pure, Fender cleans, Vox overdrives, Marshall crunch (from Plexi to JCM 2000 hi gain), and Mesa Recto mid-scooped crap. it's a tube emulator pedal, so it responds really well to picking dynamics as well. look into it.
i second the Rat II option. also, for about $100 US you can get a Tech 21 SansAmp GT2. They'll do everything from pure, Fender cleans, Vox overdrives, Marshall crunch (from Plexi to JCM 2000 hi gain), and Mesa Recto mid-scooped crap. it's a tube emulator pedal, so it responds really well to picking dynamics as well. i've got one that i use on my board for heavy crunch and i also use it as a direct recording device for demos and stuff. it sounds amazing! look into it.
analogmanned DOD 250. nice, trebly sound, but still really smooth with a tight low end.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!