I have a little question here if someone could help me. Lately I'm kind of taking a liking to metalcore music and a lot of those bands have songs that reference bleeding and sound really emo-like to me. Would any of you consider bands like it dies today, bullet for my valentine, atreyu, etc. as "emo" or is that a totally different thing. Is fashioncore music and emo the same thing?
you've made this whole thing emo buy putting the word core at the end of things......theres only one catagory for bands wiht the word core in their genre S**t
90s emo is different from today's emo in that its not fashioncore. Just about anything trendy or white belt related, I classify as fashioncore. I would definitely consider Atreyu and Bullet for My Valentine emo, even if they are playing "metalcore" or are part of the fashioncore scene, because they appeal to emo kids. And anything that appeals to emo kids usually (but I guess not always) sucks.
My favourite band (Nirvana) appeals to emo kids. But they can all go die
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
who cares what genre they are...if you like em you like em...thats if your worried what ppl will think different of you...if not then im not really sure..personally id classify them as metal"core" if you will...
lolcano@this thread.

All of those bands mentioned are really watered down shitty metalcore, nothing else.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

1. No, they're not emo

2. Fashioncore? Please, not again...

3. lolcano

4. *Closed*
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic