Poll: Which neck do you perfer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which neck do you perfer?
Wizard II
9 43%
SuperWizard
12 57%
Voters: 21.
Hello again!
This will be my last thead regarding the RG I'm going to buy! I'd like to know what Wizard neck you prefer and why. I'm looking at two guitars and the thing that sets them apart is the neck, one is Wizard II and one is superwizard (the one with the bubinga stripe). Whats the difference and which one do you perfer?
Thx!
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
i prefer the Wizard II neck. i really cant say why, but i played them both in a store and it just felt more comfortable so i ended up buying the guitar.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
no matter how the result of the poll will be, you're an idiot if you follow the winner. The thickness of the neck highly depends on your OWN preference and you gotta try them both side by side to determine which one is best for you.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I despise both necks.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Okay everyone here is a dumbass.

Let me give you a breakdown of the Wizard necks. Wizard II is the thickest, the Wizard Prestiege is 1 mm thinner than it, the Original Wizard is 1 mm thinner than the Prestige. The Super Wizard has the same dimensions and profile as the Original Wizard. The difference is it's three piece construction with the wide bubinga center stripe on the back of the neck.

I've owned many Ibanez guitars and played countless. The Wizard II feels extremely cheap compared to the rest, and the Super Wizard on my 570 feels infinitely better than any other Ibanez neck I've played, edging out the Prestige necks by a little.
Wizard necks are all uncomfortable, if you ask me.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by madpickin03
no matter how the result of the poll will be, you're an idiot if you follow the winner. The thickness of the neck highly depends on your OWN preference and you gotta try them both side by side to determine which one is best for you.

yeah but there are no guitars in production with the Super Wizard so I cant just go into a music store and try one. And I think it's safe to say the a neck is thinner if one is 20mm and the other 25 (at 12th fret). maybe a thicker neck still can feel thinner (if thats what you mean), I dont know. and dont worry, I wont make a decision based on the poll I just put a poll in there to see which is the most popular.

Quote by electrik

Let me give you a breakdown of the Wizard necks. Wizard II is the thickest, the Wizard Prestiege is 1 mm thinner than it, the Original Wizard is 1 mm thinner than the Prestige. The Super Wizard has the same dimensions and profile as the Original Wizard. The difference is it's three piece construction with the wide bubinga center stripe on the back of the neck.

I've owned many Ibanez guitars and played countless. The Wizard II feels extremely cheap compared to the rest, and the Super Wizard on my 570 feels infinitely better than any other Ibanez neck I've played, edging out the Prestige necks by a little.

Great info thx alot!
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
^ except if your able to fork out some money, and buy a j-custom ibanez. They got velvet touch, super wizard necks with titanium reinforcement.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by electrik

Or maybe it's just opinion, you ignorant asshole?
Dickless.
Now go try playing Jazz Chords for 20 minutes on an Ibanez with any Wizard Neck.. guarenteed hand cramp.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Or maybe it's just opinion, you ignorant asshole?

It seems like so far I am the only one that has any valid information to go along with my "ignorant opinion".

Please shut the fuck up.

Furthermore, there is no comparison at all. Wizard IIs are made for the low end Korean Ibanez's and the Super Wizards were for high end Japanese ones. You can feel the difference in quality just by holding it in your hands for 2 seconds. I have no idea what kind of noobs have voted for Wizard II.

I agree all Wizard necks will cramp your hand for jazz chords and the like. I play jazz, and the Wizard neck is definitely not good for it.
Last edited by electrik at Jan 28, 2007,
woop de ****ing doo, im a dumbass....
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic