Hey, I heard "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix the first time last week, and since then I've listened a few times and can't get over how it seems so short and cuts off while Jimi's still noodling. Does anyone know if there are any longer studio cuts of it released, or the story behind it? If not, what are some good live versions?
I dont know i dont have all the Jimi Hendrix albums/live albums, perhaps check out some JH bootlegs for interesting versions of little wing?
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
I have a second version of Little Wing on the album South Saturn Delta.

I'll admit I haven't listened to it for a long time, now, but if my memory serves right it was a longer version of the song (though I may be wrong).
Little Wing by Hendrix is pretty short. If you want an extended version listen to Stevie Ray's Version. It's almost 10 minutes long.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I have atleast 5 recordings of Jimi Hendrix playing Little Wing, they're all different but they're all pretty short, the longest might be like 4 minutes. SRV has two that I know of, a 6 minute instrumental one and a 8 or 9 minute one where he sings.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Okay, I just check my South Saturn Delta.

It is a 2:44 version, opposed to the 2:28 version from Axis: Bold as Love.

However, I now remember the difference between the two versions... the version from South Saturn Delta is an instrumental, which is actually, musically, the same as Angel.
Well, check out Little Wing live at Royal Albert Hall, I have it on a bootleg somewhere. But it's basically Little Wing with the end part and a bit of improvisation and wah. Nice stuff
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr