Any ideas?

I know about the celestion G10 vintage but am finding it hard to find any other decent 10" speakers.

Also do i have to match the wattage or not?
The Stuff!
Quote by thyme
Any ideas?

I know about the celestion G10 vintage but am finding it hard to find any other decent 10" speakers.

Also do i have to match the wattage or not?

Wattage isn't as important as ohmage. Anything from 30-100w will work, speaker effeciency is a better indicator than power though.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
im having a similar problem to the threadstarter.

i need a 10 inch replacement for my vox too. i was on ebay and accidently bid on a 10" fender speaker without knowing how many ohms it was. i know the vox is supposed to be 8 ohms but what would happen if the speaker i use is 4 ohms? would it be more likely to blow?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Check out Eminence speakers, or Weber speakers.
http://www.tedweber.com/
http://www.eminence.com/

From what I've heard, Weber > Eminence
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by echofreak
im having a similar problem to the threadstarter.

i need a 10 inch replacement for my vox too. i was on ebay and accidently bid on a 10" fender speaker without knowing how many ohms it was. i know the vox is supposed to be 8 ohms but what would happen if the speaker i use is 4 ohms? would it be more likely to blow?

You might want to look at the power supply for your amp. Most power supplies have the hookups for both 4 and 8 ohms. So it's possible that all you have to do is desolder the 8 ohm connection and resolder to the 4 ohm.

If you do run a 4 ohm speaker on an 8 ohm output you can blow your amp.
Not taking any online orders.