I currently have a Fender MIM Strat with 3 single coils, i've been wanting a heavier tone that a humbucker provides. I was wondering whether i could put in a normal humbucker or not, and if not, if something like this would be better.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SHR1-Hot-Rail-Stacked-Single-Coil-Pickup?sku=300300

Any info would help, THANKS!

EDIT: Also would buying a distortion pedal help out too?
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
Last edited by JStone233 at Jan 28, 2007,
Yes, you could. Opinions differ, some say it'd great, others, like me, say that you should leave humbuckers for the guitars meant for it.
I personaly have a gibson explorer and I have duncan humbucking pickups and I would not have it any other way!

DOWN WITH FENDER!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by $limJim at Jan 28, 2007,
Yeah hot rails are great for strats because you don't have to re-cut the body to fit it.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
there's a good chance all you need to do is buy a new pckguard. Take off you existing pickguard, and if there's room for a humbucker, just buy a new pickguard. then keep the old pickguard and you can reconvert it to sss if you ever feel the inclination.

I don't like the HR at all, it's like a worst of both worlds, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by $limJim
I personaly have a gibson explorer and I have duncan humbucking pickups and I would not have it any other way!

DOWN WITH FENDER!!!!!!!!!

I think you're in the wrong thread. There was a strat vs. explorer thread down the road from here...