Im getting a new bass, i have £300, and i play most types of rock, so i need something versatile. is there anything like that in that price range?
(oh, and i don't know what my current bass is, the guy i brougt it off has changed the neck, and theres no brand name on the end)
jazz bass simple as that
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
go on gak and buy a fender precision, fits most genres well i think. Its £319 on gak if you can stretch..
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
yamaha rbx 374.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
I have no idea about bass prices in the UK. FOr that money here in Italy you'd get a MIM (Made in Mexico)Fender, which is not bad ( and definitively better than a Schechter, in my opinion)....
The Yamaha RBX374 is pretty damn sweet. I've had it as my first bass for a couple of years and found it very versatile. Only cost me £250 I think
get an OLP version of a stingray
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Yeah find a Jazz. Or get a P-bass if you never see yourself being a slapper and always a picker.
PunkAintDead!
Well ive had my Yamaha RBX 374 for year n a half now n i havnt had any problems with it at all, apart from pickup becoming loose and needing resoldering, but thats just normal wear and tear.

I find it good for playing all styles of music, but i mainly play metal and punk and it doesnt fail me in sounding good in that.

Cost me £240 new, year and a half ago.

Looks the dogs bollocks aswel.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
OLP Stingray. I'm planning on getting one myself. It growls perfectly for rock. I'd take that over a P-bass any day. Better price and value. More versatility than the P-bass (Even the passive ones; two volumes one tone so pretty good).
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Ibanez EDB 400. Cost me three hundred quid, and I love it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Ibanez EDB 400. Cost me three hundred quid, and I love it.

+1, very excellent bass, and quite versatile.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.