This year I've been seriously considering what I wanna do in college. For a while now, even before this year, I've wanted to go into the medical field, most likely surgery. Today I did some research on various aspects of being and becoming a surgeon. I'm now convinced. This is the only thing that I feel like I would really enjoy doing. Besides the obvious financial motivation, the atmosphere of hospitals and helping people seems to be exceedingly appealing.

SO, are there any people on UG who are in the process of, or already have become a doctor? How long did it take from the year you first entered college till the year you begun your specialization, if you did? Any regrets?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

I'm a gynecologist.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I thought this was going to be a thread dedicated to those "OMG MY PENIS HURTS AND I THINK I MAY HAVE A YEAST INFECTION!!!!1!!1!!1111!!one!11!!!11!!!!eleven!!1" of '06.

But no, I've never considered a field in medicine. I would love to help people and all, but I have a fear of needles, and just the fact of me seeing someone or me actually cutting into someone is just.....

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I thought the exact same fallenangel20 . I just can't stand cutting things up (that's why I dropped bio two years ago) or the whole hospital atmosphere. It's not my thing.
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build