Hey there. I am needing help on deciding on which amp to buy and i need help. I have never had a valve amp before the amp i use at the moment is a crappy spider II. I have heard good things about Marshall DSL 401's but i want to know if there are any other amps on the market. I like to play modern metal but also i would like an amp to give me good Malmsteen tones etc.
I use a Jackson DXMG ( if that helps )

Cheers Cjb Scotland
Check out Laney's for a cool metal sound. Alot of good metallers use them including Gilbert. He uses a GH100L head.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Hmm i shall consider those amps, are there any others that are worth trying out?
how much cash do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd say randall rg50tc, ashdown fallen angel, or marshall dsl401. if you can up that by about £200, laney gh50l and 2x12 cab, or engl screamer, most likely.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The DSL is a good amp and pretty versatile
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
there is a good fallen angel half stack with a tube head kicking around for only £400
Last edited by david_safc at Jan 28, 2007,
^thats pretty amazing for the price
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Vox, Laney (haven't had experience with any Laneys, but Tony Iommi uses them), maybe even a Peavey 6505. I haven't heard the DSL401s yet.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Jimbo999
^thats pretty amazing for the price

Yeah but because its tube, it means you have to play it really loud
u can turn it down you know, cranking it just makes it sound nicer
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Yeah but doesnt that gradually break the valves or something? (mate told me, dunno how true it is)
^^

it's completely safe to turn down...
it won't break the valve... (I think)
quite the opposite, cranking it reduces valve life
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

wow great, im very tempted by the halfstack myself now, the only thing stopping me from getting it is manouverability.
Yeh, it should go in a car OK and cabs usually have castors
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Quote by david_safc
Yeah but doesnt that gradually break the valves or something? (mate told me, dunno how true it is)

well, they'll wear out quicker if you crank them, but it's a non-issue to be honest.

It's like buying a ferrarri and only driving it under 20mph because it wears out the engine faster. Once you crank it, you'll want to be able to crank it even if it wears out the valves.

turning down will preserve the valves.

Quote by david_safc
wow great, im very tempted by the halfstack myself now, the only thing stopping me from getting it is manouverability.

you'd need to try it at silverstone to see.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
well, they'll wear out quicker if you crank them, but it's a non-issue to be honest.

It's like buying a ferrarri and only driving it under 20mph because it wears out the engine faster. Once you crank it, you'll want to be able to crank it even if it wears out the valves.

turning down will preserve the valves.

you'd need to try it at silverstone to see.

Yup, i know a shop that has it, may give it a test drive next weekend
The Fallen Angel half stack for that price is an absolute steal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com