Page 1 of 2
ok so i think bass is way easier, who agrees?

and is there really any point in taking bass grade exams, i mean its all pretty easy unless ur doing slap
Quote by chiliman14

and is there really any point in taking bass grade exams, i mean its all pretty easy unless ur doing slap

You're a PENIS

Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
It's easier if you already know guitar, all you have to do is find a pitch similar to the guitar part and make it into a baseline.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Umm no? I play guitar, but I have so much respect for the bass players. Wow no bass is not easier, In fact it could just as well be harder to play. Any one can play a solo, but be able to keep a rythem(sp?) and play the same note as the rest of the band at the same exact time, that takes skill.
pretty obvious really at basic level, to be a proper lightning demon on bass is probly as hard or harder that guitar.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
I think you're retarded

No, every instrument is hard in its own way, there are many things you can do on guitar that you can't on bass, and vice versa, or things that you just don't and that are harder, but each instrument is different and shouldn't be considered as a 'lesser' version of another
You're probably thinking simple Bass in terms of just following the rhythm of the song. In those terms, yes, it is easier. But that's a waste.

If one is going to play Bass, many of the same skills for Guitar are needed, improvisation, timing, at least some speed, and in many cases, you need more finger strength and dexterity on both hands, because Bass is often fingerpicked, and the strings are so much thicker.

Look at Les Claypool.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
i like penis's and im retarded yes. bass is totally easier in my opinion - so up urs el chip!
Learn some extremely fast riff on guitar, then try and fingerpick it on a bass, and fail miserably.
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

Quote by chiliman14
i like penis's and im retarded yes. bass is totally easier in my opinion - so up urs el chip!

You're a fag

STFU
If you mean really simple bass lines then yeah, of course guitar is more difficult. But do me a favor and watch a video of Les Claypool or a really good funk bassist, and after you are done pissing your pants, come back and change your mind.

I have so much respect for great bass players its insane.

The thing with guitar is, you can get away with being decent, and make it sound like you're amazing. But with bass, you either kick ass or you suck. Period.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
look at victor wooten the hamster faced bassist who wishes he was a guitarist lol

bass is just as hard/easy as guitar no matter what you do

also bassists who use picks are failed guitarists in my eyes
It depends on what genre you're playing. If you're playing in some punk or generic rock band, most likely you're just gonna be playing the root notes of whatever the guitarists are playing, which isn't always very difficult.

But if you're playing something like jazz or funk, well you have to be extremely talented to do that, and to do it good. If you ever watch a real good bass player play, you'll never say bass is too easy again.
i always say its easier to learn the very basics of bass than to learn the basics of guitar, but to make bass sound good all by itself or to be a master at bass is much harder than guitar.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
Quote by suicideangel_2

bass is just as hard/easy as guitar no matter what you do

Quote by DUP3R

Go play Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or any slap bass and tell it easy. The only thing that makes it someone what easier is that there are only 4 strings and that only in some cases, the strings are much heavier and harder to play.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
and in conclusion... i hence forth this night and declare i shalt never eat a hobbit again.
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Any one can play a solo, but be able to keep a rythem(sp?) and play the same note as the rest of the band at the same exact time, that takes skill.

That could be one of the dumbest statments ive read. It really doesnt take skill to stay in time with everybody else but it does take skill to play a solo, at least a good one.
Quote by chiliman14

It is not the instument, it is how it is played that counts.
ah well you see if bass was that easy, we would all stop playing guitar and become amazing bassists over night, but it isnt, so we dont
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Slap isn't the only hard technique on bass, tapping on bass is easily way harder than on guitar and requires alot more strength/dexterity.
Quote by chiliman14
maybe cus bass is boring.

once again,

STFU.

You are the biggest n00b I've seen in ages, go rot in a corner somewhere

And I'm a guitarist......
shut the hell up please, i hate when people think bass is so easy i know it's been said a bunch of times, but seriously go listen to primus and then try to learn it. bass isn't boring, what do you listen to mucis wise? scence bands that just play 8th notes and root notes? that's defeating the whole purpose of the bass as a whole to me.

Quote by chiliman14

Im sorry but are you a MONGOLOID????? [

people like you want to make me punch babies
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Hey! How about you shut the **** up and learn some Vic Wooten. Once you realise that you fail at life and are indeed ****ing usless ingnorant little prick go hang youself with your guitar strings. Have a nice day.
Quote by tommyt
fact of the matter is threadstarter

agreed
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Holding a groove is just as hard, if not harder, than playing a riff. Pretty much any bassist can follow a guitar riff.

Ask the guys on Talkbass. They can explain it much better.

Also, *REPORTED*
Quote by chiliman14
maybe cus bass is boring.

I personally think it's the most fun instrument to play.
Page 1 of 2