Hey guys, I'm currently searching for a new guitar. I play Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bedouin Soundclash, Sublime, Jimi Hendrix, basically everything except for the Heavy Rock/Metal stuff. Can anyone give me ideas about a good guitar that suits my style, or can I have a link to a site with guitars, thanks and much appreciated!
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Thanks man!
One Love

Yep he's right, you don't need any more advice, other than on your budget. If you have < $600, you'll have to go for a MIM (made in mexico) Strat, or a Highway One, but those aren't that great to be quite honest. Around 600 then your choice is obivously going to be an American standard. Getting into $1000s then you can look at custom shop stuff, but that is merely a dream for most of us

EDIT: Are you English? I hope you are, they are better (joke), if so then pretty much just change those figures into pounds, cos unfair as it is, that is about how much the prices are in England. MIMs are cheap at about £295 or so, so yeah...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by treagar
Fender Strat, and they have one for almost every budget too.

Wow. I never knew it could be so easy.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Yep he's right, you don't need any more advice, other than on your budget. If you have < $600, you'll have to go for a MIM (made in mexico) Strat, or a Highway One, but those aren't that great to be quite honest. Around 600 then your choice is obivously going to be an American standard. Getting into $1000s then you can look at custom shop stuff, but that is merely a dream for most of us

EDIT: Are you English? I hope you are, they are better (joke), if so then pretty much just change those figures into pounds, cos unfair as it is, that is about how much the prices are in England. MIMs are cheap at about £295 or so, so yeah...[/

Yeah the thing is, I don't want to spend over 600 because I also have to buy a new amp. So the Fender Strats under $600 aren't too good?
One Love

strats under 600 are pretty good i have a 400 strat standard HH and it works for almost anything i want to play, i play mostly punk and metal but since you play like hendrix and chili peppers you should probably get the single coil
Quote by joshua029
a real guitarist would grow a 3rd arm and play that...
Last edited by BloodyK13 at Jan 28, 2007,