there's lots. obviously the price is different for a reason. look them up and compare the finishes, hardware, woods, etc.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yes, gibson is made out of different materials, better hardware, electronics, etc.
That is why gibson will cost more. Epiphones are great for the $ though.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Guess.

Now for the non harsh part, Epiphone is nowhere near as good as Gibson because they mainly target the lower end of the market.
You're asking if there's any difference between a gibson lp custom and an epiphone lp custom?
well, epiphone has much better QC than gibson.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
and the pickuops are different, not a LOT of a difference
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by electrik
Absolutely no difference whatsoever.
They both don't exist. ::type

Gibsons are pure shit, they're made of plywood and don't even have real pickups. Just sponges with silver paint on them and a small spanish man named Pepé inside squealing.

:
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by tubab0y
well, epiphone has much better QC than gibson.

hh thats not true dude, ive seen plenty of bad epis in shops, its just that noone mentions it because they expect cheaper guitars to have not so great QC.

As for the difference, the Gibson has better wood, pups, electronics and build quality, and will probably last a whole lot longer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by timi_hendrix

Gibsons are pure shit, they're made of plywood and don't even have real pickups. Just sponges with silver paint on them and a small spanish man named Pepé inside squealing.

:

Sigged