Does anyone know anything about the internals of optical wahs?
MG Free At Last
Like Morleys?

Well, the whole 'optical' thing, I believe, involves a light shining onto an LDR which controls the frequency range. Not sure what difference that makes to just having a pot there.
Yeah, it's a Morley I was looking at. So, the optics along with the LDR basically just takes place of a pot, and the rest of the circuit is basically going to be like an other Wah?
MG Free At Last
Quote by sashki
Like Morleys?

Well, the whole 'optical' thing, I believe, involves a light shining onto an LDR which controls the frequency range. Not sure what difference that makes to just having a pot there.

optical use no pots (obviously) however over wear and time pots tend get f**ked (such as a crybaby) you know its f**ked cos the sond is no longer clear you get a crackle etc. where as opticals have no pot to wear out making them in my opinion better , what i like about the morleys is that some models are switchless, simply step on and go ,

Now back to the original question i have no idea about the internals apart from it doesnt use a standard pot.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life

There's the LED with the LDR right in front of it.

As WOWdoritos pointed out, there is no pot. I'm not sure how it works without it. I guess if you push the pedal down, something just covers the LED.
Quote by sashki

I'm not sure how it works without it. I guess if you push the pedal down, something just covers the LED.

Yeah i think its something like that. if you could get a picture of the underside of the pedal you would be able to the see the mechanism in play.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life