well i didn't get any views when i posted this in guitar and bass basics so l will take the chance of getting flamed to find out what i need to find out.

Okay have been trying to learn scales so I started with the major pentatonic (5 basic fingerings) and then I looked at one of the lessons on here and it shows the five basic fingerings but then it also shows the scales: A major Pentatonic, B major pentatonic C major pentatonic etc. and that got me even more confused, so can any one show me what the major pentatonic scale is and how to read/play it.

Thanks much appreciated.

well i didn't get any views when i posted this in guitar and bass basics so l will take the chance of getting flamed to find out what i need to find out.
Yeah, as far as the keys go, you're playing the same pattern of whole tones and semi tones, you're just starting on a different root.
A major pentatonic:

e-5-8
B-5-8
G-4-7
D-4-8
A-4-8
E-5-8

Play them all individually. Once you've got the pattern, you can just move it up and down the neck.
Not to mention this is the wrong forum, regardless of how many replies you did or did not get in the correct one.