Now that hes gonna be on G3, I need to have heard a few of his songs to really enjoy the performances, so please recommend some albums

I love Satriani (as you can probably see) and like Vai, so Im not new to instrumental music or anything, I just dont know which GIlbert album to get.

Thanks in advance to everyone
TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

'nuff said.
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
I quite like Space Ship One the album, its not instrumental though. His new instrumental album Get Out Of My Yard is different but pretty good.
I really love acoustic samurai but that one is totally different from the other albums. The tone on that guitar is amazing.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I like his stuff from Racer X more than his solo stuff, and I haven't heard enough of Mr. Big to make a good enough judgement on it. From Racer X have a listen to Technical Difficulties, Scarafied, Viking Kong, Snakebite, Street Lethal, and Superheroes.

For his solo stuff I'd check out anything from his new album: Get Out of My Yard, Curse of Castle Dragon, Radiator, My Teeth Are A Drumset are all good ones.
King Of Clubs is my favorite, though you may want to get his first instrumental CD that he only released last year: Get Out Of My Yard, which is good too.

You might need to get used to the somewhat poppish character of the songs on King Of Clubs though, he tends to get a little multifaceted - metal in Racer X and a bit less so in Mr. Big and pretty mellow at times solo. 'sall good.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Mr. Big: Big, Bigger, Biggest
Racer X: Either Godzilla or Street Lethal
Solo: Get out of my yard or Burning Organ
(in my opinion)
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Godly Moose

http://youtube.com/watch?v=isFPCMAcPZM !

MP-1 tone \o/

Or... http://youtube.com/watch?v=QAv-Svqb0mQ

Take your pick, I'm not very fond of the Space Ship One dvd tone.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Get a hold of Racer X first album, Street Lethal because there's some solo insanity and scary guitar on there, as for solo, any album should do, if you like instrumental then go for his latest, Get Out Of My Yard. Burning Organ is alright if you like pop songs with scary guitar in it. I Am Satan, anyone?
Quote by Satch_Boogie
Yeh, I heard Scarafied (sp?) and was very impressed which is why I wanted to check him out. What album is that from?

And I'll get Get Out Of My Yard...King of Clubs soon after if I like what I hear.

Thanks guys.

Well, it's on Second Heat.(Racer X album) Not counting live CD's.(In case it's just not on Snowball of Doom only.)
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

check out his other stuff like going down to mexico, i like rock, cut cut cut, boku no atama now check out some racer -x stuff like Superheros, Y.R.O and so on.

also mr.big's Daddy brother, lover, little boy has a ace solo by gilbert...plays that last part with a drill!!
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
Trapped in Toyland, Viking Kong, Technical Difficulties, GOoMY, Curse of Castle Dragon, Maybe I'll Die Tommorow, Down To Mexico, King Of The Monsters
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Satch_Boogie
Is Acoustic Samurai an acoustic album?

yup, he plays alot of this electrics stuff on it though, quite amamzing ... down to mexico on acoustic
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
yup, he plays alot of this electrics stuff on it though, quite amamzing ... down to mexico on acoustic

Scarified on Acoustic
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by Satch_Boogie
*Goes off to get Acoustic Samurai*

It's a good one

EDIT: In my humble opinion of course.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Last edited by blues_rocker at Feb 1, 2007,
Dude..... was he sweeping or string skipping near the end of "Let The Computer Decide" ??

BTW........ Scarified PWNS !!! So does TD !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Dude..... was he sweeping or string skipping near the end of "Let The Computer Decide" ??

String skipping with a guitar with the bottom strings tuned in octaves.

Click.
I see..... so he uses the Double Neck to play it live, huh ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
I don't know how he plays it live now, but on his clinic tours some years ago he just used a different guitar.

Click.
Well, I got that from that from a 3 string guitar discussion vid off YouTube.........

I tried that part on a regular tuned 6 string......... WOW !! THAT'S WAS HARD !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Technical Difficulties and Get Out of My Yard - title track on the latter is the most awesome song I know thats a minute and a half long.

Plus, I found this little joke on his website - no doubt you shredheads have seen it but for those who havent - check it out!
He's a funny guy.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.