I havent stood for the pledge of allegiance in quite a while. None of my teachers have ever had a problem with it. But my new 1st period teacher says I have to stand. Can he actually write me up or anything? He used to be in the army so he's pretty patriotic. I see the whole thing as pointless.
And please nobody say "OMG ur an ass just do it for ur country" or whatever
tell them to **** off you dont want too, and whatever they do **** it

do what you believe in, i boooood the englsh national anthem while it wsa being played on tv and i got shouted at but i didnt care

neither should you, you pledge and you have lost

dont you dare if you dont want too
no, it's your right not to stand. If he forces you to stand for the pledge, you can sue his ass and win. I didn't ever stand for the pledge, and neither do any of my friends. He's not legally allowed to force you to.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Just stand. If it's so pointless to you, just feign interest, stand up, sit down.
Quote by christ_on_acid?

do what you believe in, i boooood the englsh national anthem while it wsa being played on tv and i got shouted at but i didnt care

neither should you, you pledge and you have lost

dont you dare if you dont want too

For booing the English national anthem, you should burn. F*ucking jan 07ers...
if u dont wanna stand then dont stand he cant do anything

out of curiousity y dont u want to stand?
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by Rory's_strat
For booing the English national anthem, you should burn. F*ucking jan 07ers...

Seconded!

I can understand not pledging, but to openly boo an anthem (or the pledge) is disrespectful, and I think it is wrong.
To conclude, stay seated, but don't boo.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I think you should at least stand up. They make everyone at our school stand, you just dont have to say it. That seems like a fair compromise to me, so you should try that and see if he is ok with it.

I dont see why you wouldnt say it, but I guess thats your choice.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by Zuka
Just stand. If it's so pointless to you, just feign interest, stand up, sit down.

Some people (like me) don't stand for religious reasons, which means it isn't just pointlessly not standing to be stubborn. I don't know what threadstarter's reasons are though.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
just stand, what are you trying to prove? lay off the pot and you might have the engery to stand for 30 seconds at 7a.m
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
I dont want to say it, but I have to do it when I anchor for the schools video announcements. Im an atheist, but you dont see me whining because i have to say somethin about god, do you?

$Edit: After I think about it, it doesnt really matter. Do what you want.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Aceroth
no, it's your right not to stand. If he forces you to stand for the pledge, you can sue his ass and win. I didn't ever stand for the pledge, and neither do any of my friends. He's not legally allowed to force you to.

Exactly my thinking. But Im sure he'll say something like "your disrespecting our troops" and make me look bad in front of everybody. What do I say to that? I do support our troops just not the war but I dont think not standing means disrespect.
Quote by Zuka

Yeah, just stand in the name of respect. Unless you're trying to make a political point for personal freedom or sue him for some money... there really is no point.

Despite the fact that you're teacher seems like a douche, he prob. just wants you to be respectful of something (the country, or whatever) some of his friends probally died for.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Stand and support your country if you have no legit reason not to. the meaning of taht pledge has done alot for you.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by BigTakeover138
Exactly my thinking. But Im sure he'll say something like "your disrespecting our troops" and make me look bad in front of everybody. What do I say to that? I do support our troops just not the war but I dont think not standing means disrespect.

just stand and dont say it then

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by Aceroth
Some people (like me) don't stand for religious reasons, which means it isn't just pointlessly not standing to be stubborn.

Not trying to be a dick, but what religion doesnt want you to stand for the pledge?

To threadstarter, the country is all about liberty, and therefore you have the right to sit down. However, out of respect for that liberty, the least you can do is stand up for a few seconds in the morning, imo.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by christ_on_acid?

You should be hung for treason
Quote by christ_on_acid?

Badassss.
Quote by feenux258
if u dont wanna stand then dont stand he cant do anything

out of curiousity y dont u want to stand?

Simply because I dont see any reason why I should. Im not saying it so why should I have to stand to? Im being respectful by being silent while everyone else is doing it. that should be good enough for him.
Quote by BigTakeover138

What are your reasons for not standing? Make sure you know exactly WHY you aren't standing, then if he tries to tell you off for "disrespecting our troops", tell him why you aren't standing. It seems to me that all he'll do is make fun of you for "not being patriotic" or something, in which case all the intelligent people in your class will realize how stupid he is and probably admire you for standing up for what you believe. O'course, all your dumbass classmates will just side with the dumbass teacher, but they are stupid, and therefor don't matter
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by BigTakeover138
Simply because I dont see any reason why I should. Im not saying it so why should I have to stand to? Im being respectful by being silent while everyone else is doing it. that should be good enough for him.

Standing isnt against your religion. So stand to show the respect. I really think you not even standing is unreasonable. It doesnt make sense.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
who feels like explaining to me what this whole pledge lark is, and why its so important?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Ackj
Not trying to be a dick, but what religion doesnt want you to stand for the pledge?
One of the reasons I don't do it is because of the "Under God" part. America was founded upon religious freedom and all that jazz, but the that part of the pledge is just stupid.

(the other reason:none of my teachers actually do it)
Quote by BigTakeover138

yea idk in that case i would just stand and not say it makes ur teacher happier and u avoid all sorts of stupid trouble in my opinion

Quote by thebrewfan
Quote by Ackj

To threadstarter, the country is all about liberty, and therefore you have the right to sit down. However, out of respect for that liberty, the least you can do is stand up for a few seconds in the morning, imo.

Mine. I'm Mennonite (which is a denomination of Christianity, for those of you who are a little slow), and we don't believe in pledging our allegiance to a country. There's a passage in the Bible (don't remember where) that says you shouldn't swear or take oaths (which is why I find it funny that people are sworn into office with Bible ), and I also don't agree with "one nation, under God." So it's religious and philosophical for me.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by Aceroth

I bet you and your nerdy little friends are pretty ****in' hardcore, eh?

I don't think it's right of him to force you to stand, but you're a ****ing dick for not doing it yourself. Is it that hard of a task for your fat ass? Think of the people who fought and died in WW2, do it for them.
Quote by silent caution
just stand, what are you trying to prove? lay off the pot and you might have the engery to stand for 30 seconds at 7a.m

Your such a dick for saying that. Oh yeh pot smokers are lazy arnt they? **** off.

Technically it takes you 5 minutes to roll a joint and, as you said, 30 seconds to stand at 7am. So why would he not stand for 30 seconds cause he has no energy when he could spend 5 minutes rolling a dube.
Quote by Archaon
I bet you and your nerdy little friends are pretty ****in' hardcore, eh?

I don't think it's right of him to force you to stand, but you're a ****ing dick for not doing it yourself. Is it that hard of a task for your fat ass? Think of the people who fought and died in WW2, do it for them.

did you read my other posts? If not, then you should, dumbass. I have good reasons. Thanks for being a dick though!
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by Aceroth
Mine. I'm Mennonite (which is a denomination of Christianity, for those of you who are a little slow), and we don't believe in pledging our allegiance to a country. There's a passage in the Bible (don't remember where) that says you shouldn't swear or take oaths (which is why I find it funny that people are sworn into office with Bible ), and I also don't agree with "one nation, under God." So it's religious and philosophical for me.

Good logical reason -> fair to sit down.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by christ_on_acid?
hahahahahaha i would be rather proud

What exactly drove you to do such a thing?
How about you stand and honor the country that allows you to talk shit about it online. Asswipe.

Adam
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
If there is some religious / cultural / other good reason why you don't stand then that's fine.

But if you choose not to just because you can, then you're a douche.