As stated above, i thinking to buy a Roland Microcube. My guitar has the neck pickup kinda damaged, cause it can't handle distortion well at some frets. So, i have 30$ to spend (besides the microcube) and i don't know if the new pickups will suit me better or a EQ pedal cause the lack of it on the microcube. What do you suggest me to buy?. Thanks in advance.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
i dont think you can buy either for 30$
ide go w/ pups though, b/c they'll make a bigger diff. in your tone
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I'm not sure, but EQ maybe just becaus i don't know if you can really get nay decentpickup for $30. But i believe the Danelectro Fish and Chips is $30.
The Stuff!
Pickups, but for 30 dollars youre not going to get much, I don't even think you can buy a shitty pickup for that price. Save up more and get a DiMarzio D Sonic.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
meh, go with one of those danelectro eq pedals because there is no decent pickups for 30 dollars, and it will help you develope your different tones and whatnot, alot more variations in your playing stuff..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Thanks for the reply, but i have searched and for 30$ i can buy the Seymour Duncan Performer (http://www.amazon.com/Duncan-Performer-11792-0113-14Z1-Scorcher-Pickup/dp/B0002GIXEC/sr=8-1/qid=1170013753/ref=sr_1_1/002-0678560-6159255?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments) . And i'm sure those pickups at least, work (my doesn't on distortion...)

My doubt about the EQ pedal is how well can handle it the Microcube, cause is a modelling amp.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
Are you sure there is a problem with the pickup? Try lowering it a bit, it might be too close to the strings.
Quote by El Cumanés
Thanks for the reply, but i have searched and for 30$ i can buy the Seymour Duncan Performer (http://www.amazon.com/Duncan-Performer-11792-0113-14Z1-Scorcher-Pickup/dp/B0002GIXEC/sr=8-1/qid=1170013753/ref=sr_1_1/002-0678560-6159255?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments) . And i'm sure those pickups at least, work (my doesn't on distortion...)

My doubt about the EQ pedal is how well can handle it the Microcube, cause is a modelling amp.

They work fine with modelling amps, I use my MXR 10-band every now and then to make my MT-2 sound good with my Vox AD50, and it makes an MT-2 sound good, so you know its working aha.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by mr_hankey
Are you sure there is a problem with the pickup? Try lowering it a bit, it might be too close to the strings.

I'm sure the pickup is damaged, i have tried anything. The pickup is very low now and have problem only with distortion on at some high frets (14,15) or th high e string. I can't hear pinch harmonics either (i can hear it even unplugged) with that pickup.

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
Quote by JesseIbanez
They work fine with modelling amps, I use my MXR 10-band every now and then to make my MT-2 sound good with my Vox AD50, and it makes an MT-2 sound good, so you know its working aha.

Thanks, i think i will go for the EQ pedal (Danelectro Fish $ Chips). The pickup could wait until i have more cash. Thanks again....

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey

MY VIDEOS
J/ go with an EQ. Pickup mods are not really worth it unless u start spending more cash.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If you want something that'll help your tone significantly without spending a lot then an EQ is the way to go.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com