I have this weird no name bass that I aquired for 10 dollars (long story). Anywho.. I'm almost done stripping the paint off of it but, I was wonder what grit sand paper is good for guitar stuff? I will post some picks in a different thread once I get farther along...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
60 grit is good to start with, then work your way up to 400 or 600, maybe even 800 grit.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
k thanks, oh one more thing, does anyone have any good ways of filling like old screw holes?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
if your going to paint it, use epoxy or wood putty. If you want a clear finish, i don't know.
If you are repainting I would use a stripper.I would not use 60 grit paper,way too agressive.If you don't use a stripper 80 is the biggest I would use but you have to be careful cuz it will dig in on the edges.I always use epoxy glue and toothpicks to fill holes.But you should tell us what your plans are.Are you repainting or do you want the wood look???
I use toothpicks and wood glue to fill the old holes.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I'm repainting it, so yeah... I got some epoxy and I' m doing that, also, right now I'm in the middle of sanding... mmyeah
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310