I've been seeing alot of these pop up lately, so if you need more proof that they suck, check here.

-Good practice amps, but better amps are available for a better price (Roland)
-Usually crap out after a few months of use
-Just not a good amp

Please make this a reference point for people thinking of buying an MG.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
I don't agree with the crap out bit either, but they do suck

Having tried an american strat through a MG100, I got an over-gained and ultra-thin tone that sounded like a distorted buzzsaw. Not good.
Quote by korinaflyingv
although i do agree mgs are terrible, I've had one for 3 years (several hours of playing every day) and it has NEVER crapped out on me

I've heard the opposite, something with the input jack, and other stuff that causes it to get repaired.

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by korinaflyingv
although i do agree mgs are terrible, I've had one for 3 years (several hours of playing every day) and it has NEVER crapped out on me

Yeah, same here. People that say that they fall apart, blow up and give you cancer have usually never played one. I had my MG30DFX for a couple of years and used it about 4 hours a day and it was as fine as the day I got it. Sure, it doesn't sound very good, but most people just jump on the hater bandwagon...learn to spot and ignore these people
Celtic FootballClub1888
Quote by muzz666
Yeah, same here. People that say that they fall apart, blow up and give you cancer have usually never played one. I had my MG30DFX for a couple of years and used it about 4 hours a day and it was as fine as the day I got it. Sure, it doesn't sound very good, but most people just jump on the hater bandwagon...learn to spot and ignore these people

I'm just saying this is what I heard, also they are not good amps for the price. I have tried them and I'm not jumping on the hater bandwagon, and I didn't like what I was hearing.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by dementedpuppy
I'm just saying this is what I heard, also they are not good amps for the price. I have tried them and I'm not jumping on the hater bandwagon, and I didn't like what I was hearing.

Nah man, what I said wasn't directed at you, I was just saying what 'most' people do.
Celtic FootballClub1888
At first i played it at the youth center with my guitar, and IMO it sounded awesome
Now i got my randall rx 15 and i cant stand the horrible tone (IN MY OPINION!) of the MG.
Every amp is a perfect amp when its your first but after going through atleast 8 amps in the store, including rolands,voxes,random ones and mgs, i found the MG to be the crappiest in the price range with my guitar, but i bought my randall second hand and it sounds better than all of the amps in the store :P
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
ha, funny story. I was at a Guitar Center with my brother while he was trying out some basses. I hate guitar center but the only reason I went there is because my local store didnt sell the guitar i wanted (an epiphone sheraton II which i bought shortly after). So we walk in and of course its as loud as hell with people playing crappy music. So i go over to the fenders to test out a blues deluxe and of course theres already like 2 people over there as well as every other amp racks. So we go to the Marshall MGs and theres no one sitting there and my brother goes "try out that one" and then i say "theres a reason why theres no one trying those out" and this one kid with an epiphone les paul junior comes up and goes "DUDE THESE AMPS ARE QUALITY" and then continues to play his american idiot on the MG 250
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

^You're kidding me...right?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^You're kidding me...right?

if your talking to me, then sadly, im not kidding
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if your talking to me, then sadly, im not kidding

wow

My condolences to whoever buys the MG halfstack.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer