Page 1 of 2
I randomly went to Guitar Center today and was looking around. Low and behold they had a massive clearance of guitars going on. I found a Fender 70's Classic Strat for $310! They're regular $669! It's an Olympic White with Maple Fretboard...and they're going to set it up with 10's for me.

Seriously, I could NOT pass this up! Such an insaannneee deal. Throw some Woodstock Fralin's in there, and I'll be Jimi! (Yeah right...)

I used to have this same EXACT guitar except it was Natural with a rosewood fretboard...
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Wow, that sounds sexy, even for a Fender. (Fender haters FTW!)
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
wow im jealous
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Seriously...I was in SHOCK when I saw this thing just sitting there. I couldn't believe everyone wasn't jumping on it. Now it's mine.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Pics.

I almost considered buying a 57 RI Japanese Strat yesterday, it looked so beautiful just hanging there.
I didn't though, that would have bankrupted me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Pics.

I almost considered buying a 57 RI Japanese Strat yesterday, it looked so beautiful just hanging there.
I didn't though, that would have bankrupted me.

I'm picking it up tomorrow cause the bank was closed today. So they're going to set it up and tomorrow I'll have pics.

The only thing is, my parents are going to be PISSED. And I mean royally pissed. Oh well, **** em.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0137000321

Here's the guitar. That Natural one was my old guitar, exactly. This one is Olympic White with Maple fretboard, like I said.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Don't tell them? Just wait 'till they see it, which if you're in luck they might not do....
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Tasty.

Kinman Woodstock >>> Fralin Woodstock.

Yeah I heard good things about Kinmans. Any more info on them?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by R_H_C_P
Don't tell them? Just wait 'till they see it, which if you're in luck they might not do....

Yeah, the thing is my parents won't notice for probably a few days. I'm always in my room...so they won't even notice probably. Still when my mom finds out...
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
Yeah, the thing is my parents won't notice for probably a few days. I'm always in my room...so they won't even notice probably. Still when my mom finds out...

A friend lent it to you though, right?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i was so happy when i found my KH 203 ESP for £200 in a shop cause it was a clearence and it had a mark on it.. (which i came off straight away cause ended up bieng a peice of dirt) times were good
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Well, they're preety damn expensive I can tell ya that much. But you can check out some great clips on there website.
Both Woodstocks and the Blues pickups are top notch

Hmm...I don't know...Fralin's are much cheaper as are Fender Custom Shop '69's. They're like $129 on eBay.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by Kurapica
A friend lent it to you though, right?

I honestly only have one friend who plays guitar...and my parents would never buy that, haha. But at this point I'm so excited I don't really care what they do.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
wow you have a pretty nice rig now
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Quote by JJK

"Erm....I found it, in a sho...........showboat, on the moon. Yea...... boat...."
Don't be afraid to care"

love strats.

does GAS have periods in it, though?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
YOU LUCKY BASTARD!
Ohyeah? well i got my fender deluxe players strat for $300!
From my very trustable friend, he never even played it!
But i do love the 70's strats, sweet find.
CTHC
Quote by Funky M0nk
God dammit that's a good ****in deal.

I know...I'm still wondering if they made a mistake on the tag or something. But the guy gave me the receipt for it and everything and sold it to me for what the tag said. They're going to set it up today and I'll pay for it in full and pick it up tomorrow.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Want Hendrix style pups? Check out the Red Houses:
www.sdpickups.com

I find it funny theyre called Red House though, considering Hendrix used the V for that song...

Anyway looks sweet, i played a Classic 70's one through a Blues Jr. and it was awesome!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I don't know...they sound nice but $265 a set?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
that is like the coolest guitar ever. (exceptions for some.) and btw i know i'll commit social suicide by saying this but what does FTW stand for?
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
Quote by plus182
that is like the coolest guitar ever. (exceptions for some.) and btw i know i'll commit social suicide by saying this but what does FTW stand for?

For The Win.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by JJK
I know...I'm still wondering if they made a mistake on the tag or something. But the guy gave me the receipt for it and everything and sold it to me for what the tag said. They're going to set it up today and I'll pay for it in full and pick it up tomorrow.

The best I've seen is a MIM Strat, mint, used for 350. And I thought that was good.
Quote by Gabel
Want Hendrix style pups? Check out the Red Houses:
www.sdpickups.com

I find it funny theyre called Red House though, considering Hendrix used the V for that song...

Anyway looks sweet, i played a Classic 70's one through a Blues Jr. and it was awesome!

i think its kind of funny that theyre called that in the first place
Quote by JJK
I don't know...they sound nice but $265 a set?

I ordered a set of the Mojo V. I'll tell ya, you'll pay about $40 more than you would for Fenders, but the deal you get from this guy is priceless. You talk to him about your gear, what kind of sound you're looking for, etc. - for mine, I used his clips as an example, told him what I was looking to play, about my amp and guitar - and then he custom winds them for you. It takes about 6 weeks. Then, after he sends them to you, you can try them out for like a week, and if you don't like them, send them back for a free rewind. If you don't like them after the rewind, you can get a full refund. The cool thing about the ones he's making for me is that it's a version he's never tried before, so he asked me for sound clips. Heh.
Hi, I'm Peter
SD pickups are pretty damn good. $265 for the red house set really isnt that expensive when most fender pickups are near 200. Kinmans are over 300 and I dk how much fralins are. A white strat with the red house pickups is one of the things im GASing for haha.

O, Dirk, when the heck are you getting these pickups. I've been hearing you talk about them for some time and I cant wait to hear them. I'm sure you are anxious too.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Just out of curiosity, why would your parents care? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to)
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by kanamvar32
O, Dirk, when the heck are you getting these pickups. I've been hearing you talk about them for some time and I cant wait to hear them. I'm sure you are anxious too.

Ehh...I'm getting anxious now. I ordered them just after Christmas, so it's been about a month. I should have them in the next 2 weeks. If not, I'm going to send him a gently prodding email.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Ehh...I'm getting anxious now. I ordered them just after Christmas, so it's been about a month. I should have them in the next 2 weeks. If not, I'm going to send him a gently prodding email.

Haha gently prodding, good word choice. so what exactly did you have him do to your set of pickups. when i ordered my mojo set i had him keep the neck standard, had him make the middle a bit hotter and got him to wind the bridge to tall texan bridge specs or there abouts. now i just need to get my tone knob to control the bridge pickup as well as the middle so that i can get some pretty unique sounds.when i was playing an EJ strat i liked rolling off some of the tone on the bridge and playing with both middle and bridge pickups. If i can get the mod done to my guitar I'm gunna experiment using all 3 pickups at same time since i got the little s-1 like button. By the way, what guitar are you gunna stick you SDs in?
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Page 1 of 2