Well I dont know alot about amps and im spoilt for choice. Lets start buy telling you what style I play: I generally play punk e.g NOFX and casualties to sex pistols. Id like to get as close to the NOFX sound as i possibly could. A friend recommends:

Behringer GMX 112: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/behringer-gmx-112/68357

OR

Vox AD-30VT:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-ad-30vt/12940

I hear alot about line 6, mostly negative. Im not in a band so i dont need a large, loud amp.

Thanks,
Matt
What's your budget?

The NOFX sound is going to be hard to pin down as they use Mesa Mk IV's (if I recall), but you can get a decent punk sound with a Boss DS-1 Pedal.

In terms of the amp, the general flow of opinions is Roland Cube for 'heavier' music as the gain on the Vox isn't up to what you want

Edit: That Behringer is quite a powerful amp, so unless you're gigging then it's going to be overkill. Stick to around 30watts for practise and small time gigs etc
My general rule of thumb is not to be buy Behringer stuff and I'm not sure how the Vox will do with punk. Think you should maybe look into Roland Cube.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by mat2317
budget is around <£150 i am willing to expand if its worth it.

What will you be using the amp for?
save up a little longer and get some sort of valve amp ie marshall, fender, orange
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Sun Tsu, The Art OF War
Quote by anewhope
What will you be using the amp for?

General home use, not in band or anything.
Go for Cube 30 then.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by mat2317
looks very tiny, is the 60watt better?

The 60w has a 12" speaker, the 30w has a 10" one. 60w for bedroom playing is going to be totally overkill.

Don't be fooled by it's size/shape, it's a damn good amp
Well im gonna look into the 60w amp it gives me room to expand and to show off im gonna look at reviews.
Quote by mat2317
15w?

15W valve - it'll be louder than the 30 watt SS like vox, Cube etc.
The Stuff!
well all i can do is:

Laney LC-15 .VS. Roland Cube 60

which is my best choice?
Laney for me. Totally forgot that was in the price range. Choose that valve amp over the Cubes anyday, though the Cubes are much better than MGs and Spiders.
the R has reverb.
Quote by mat2317
well all i can do is:

Laney LC-15 .VS. Roland Cube 60

which is my best choice?

I like the Vox better than the Roland, especially for punk, but the Laney's better than both. What's your budget look like after you buy the amp? The Vox and Roland have built in effects, while you'll eventually be looking to put a pedal or two in front of the Laney. I'd still get the better amp first, but it's something to consider.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i have the vc15 and its very loud loud enough for practice even with a kit
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.