Hey UGers. I might be able to get a Marshall JCM900 50 watt head for around $600 CAD.

The problem is I don't have money for a huge 4x12 cab, so if I were to buy a Celestion Vintage 30 12 inch speaker(heard its good for rock and metal) and build a cab, how much would it cost? And how hard would it be for a super beginner?(I don't know much about wiring and building it)

I also have a 10 inch cheap speaker designed by Genz Benz in my current crappy Tranzamp G30 combo. Can I somehow connect into that? And how much would the sound differ between these two speakers?

Any other suggestions?

Also would it be worth just waiting for someone selling a used JCM900 combo or DSL401?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
they don't ship to Canada . any more help guys?
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by BloodBlooms
check ebay for one (an avatar).

There aren't any avatar cabs on ebay Canada..

More help please!
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Jan 28, 2007,
can anyone please help me? I don't know what to do...
-Jimi Hendrix
get a cab with a V30 or a pair of them

NOT, with G12-75's, way too sharp and trebley
Just look on ebay for any variance of the 1960 cab. They all sound great. If you want 2x12 look for 1936 cabs.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by davedoom
get a cab with a V30 or a pair of them

NOT, with G12-75's, way too sharp and trebley

Quote by bonchie1
Just look on ebay for any variance of the 1960 cab. They all sound great. If you want 2x12 look for 1936 cabs.

They look pretty expensive. Like there's a 1936 cab going for $294, and theres still still two days left. By the way, it has G12-75's, and Davedoom says they're too trebely, and I like my distortion smooth and bassy..

I've tried searching custom cabs on google but they had pretty outrageous prices. There were like 1x12's and 2x12's going for $390 all the way up to $1000.

How hard would it be to build my own cab?
-Jimi Hendrix
there are sites with schematics or you can copy other cabs or get companies to build just the shells for you cheaply

your sound you describe is exactly the v30s imo!
Theres a sticky in the Guitar Building and Customizing section of the forum on cab building. Look there.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
Theres a sticky in the Guitar Building and Customizing section of the forum on cab building. Look there.

Looks hard, an I don't know jack about wiring, and I have a feeling I would screw it up unless some one gave me step by step detailed instructions...

Would I be able to just hook it up to my old combo amp somehow?
-Jimi Hendrix