so, im looking to write some songs of minor/sad kind of thing, a lot like incubus
but not emo and depressing, just nice songs that make you feel relaxed, so what chords should i use?
any diagrams and such would be good if its any seriously modified basic chords
thanks
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
minor, minor 7, diminished, min7b5, sus4

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
minor, minor 7, diminished, min7b5, sus4

is there anywhere i could look them up for each chord?
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

d minor, its the saddest of all chords...
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Individual chords don't sound nearly as sad as chord progressions. One progression I like is going from Asus2 (open A minor without the index finger) to A minor. I play it more like hammering from open B to fretted C, but whatever.

I also like the classic Am G F E7.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Individual chords don't sound nearly as sad as chord progressions. One progression I like is going from Asus2 (open A minor without the index finger) to A minor. I play it more like hammering from open B to fretted C, but whatever.

I also like the classic Am G F E7.

i noticed that too
although, if you get a few sad chords and put them together, it sounds really good
Quote by Jaffaps2

Quote by EZLN libertad

i know i just start weeping when i hear it
Quote by EZLN libertad

Well D is the saddest key
Quote by scrilly
Well D is the saddest key

Nay, D Minor is the saddest key.
now lick my love pump.
Just let the good times roll.
We sing this song in choir that is in A minor. It has such a sad, depressing chord progression that just makes you weep. Its quite beautiful. So figure out some chords with A minor.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help