hey, hows everyone doing today? i always like to start a good thread off with a very neat fact. Did you know that 3/4 of all the zippers in the entire world were made in China? Anways. I have been looking around for a second hand multi-FX pedal for a few weeks now and have come across 2 pedals that caught my eye. I found the digitech RP-1 for 150$ (Can) , and the Digitech RP-100 for 80$ (Can). They are both a fair distance away so instead of going and trying each one out, i decided i could get an opinion or 2 on the forums! I am not an effects maniac. I will not wine if there is a minor flaw in one of the effects, I am just looking for something that has a large variety of decent effects that i can switch between and use in some jams that I occasionally have with my friends. So which should i go check out? Thanks!

By the way, I am play mostly power metal, and stuff like Vai etc. but would like a good clean sound also!
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Ha ha cool fact.

I don't know anything about the Rp1 but I have the Rp100. Overall, its pretty good and it sounds pretty good at low and high volumes.

There are 80 presets. 40 factory presets(made by the company) and 40 custom presets you can make for yourself.

I can get a nice shred and metal tone. (I like my tone heavy, but smooth and bassy.)

The effects aren't bad, but I mainly just use light delay.

My only complaint is the the clean and acoustic amp modes are very quiet.

I'd give it a 8/10. I may also be able to get some sound clips up for you later.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I had an RP100 a long time ago and honestly now that I look back...not worth it. The sounds you get out of it are not pleasant.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
anyone have any experience with the RP-1?
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
I just recorded some clips of the RP100 doing rhythm and lead and made a purevolume page.

Here's the link http://www.purevolume.com/mikew
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
all i got to say is avoid digitech. get a korg ax1500g or boss me-50 or whatever that you can afford.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots