So I've been looking at getting a new electric, and I realize that theres an ass-load of Ibanez RGs, each with their own exotic number. Would anybody care to give some insight on what these numbers are for, in order to help my search for the perfect axe?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Well, generally speaking, the higher the number, the higher end it is. The letters after the RG can tell what kind of finish, or wood used.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
if it's an RG, make sure it's 1550/1570 or higher (or on the older ones, 550 or 570 or higher). Unless you get one without a trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What's your budget, style of music, etc?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Mostly metal (metallica, devildriver, necrophagist) though I go clean a lot as well with alt/pop music (oasis, weezer, broken social scene). I've got about $600-700 atm, but won't be making the purchase for at least another month or two. I've never really used a Trem, so I'm not sure how big a factor that is to them either.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
ok since you dont use a tremelo very often then i wouldnt get one. If i were you i would go for a sz model, they seem to be very nice guitars.
well If you don't need to have an rg or a trem then i would recommend the Ibanez IC400. amazing guitar but if you need an rg then I don't know
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by ManInABox90
ok since you dont use a tremelo very often then i wouldnt get one. If i were you i would go for a sz model, they seem to be very nice guitars.

Well, I dunno, maybe if I had one I'd use it. Plus those bridges stay in tune better than fixed bridges I believe.
Quote by Adio_stack
well If you don't need to have an rg or a trem then i would recommend the Ibanez IC400. amazing guitar but if you need an rg then I don't know

No, i dont necessarily need an RG at all, I just wanted to know what the seemingly random numbers on Ibanez meant, in order to help me figure out which ones are good for me.
I was hoping there'd be some easy method like "if it has a 5 in it, its H-S-H, if theres a 3, its fixed bridge."
Though having advice from the Ibanez experts never hurts either.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Last edited by Ackj at Jan 28, 2007,
It's not worth it if you dont use the trem. go for something else. By the way, all I really know about the numbers and all the rest is that the 350 has a scratchboard and the (i think 750) doesn't.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.