If I were to get a headphone amp, would that work as a power amp for recording? Just a cheap $20-30 one?
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
I would suggest getting a multi effects pedal or a modeling board such as the v-tone if you want to record. Try zoom, korg, line 6, behringer. Stay away from digitech thou. My friend has an rp-200 and that thing sucks nuts and tone.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yes, a pedal is a good idea for that. I use a Boss ME-50 for outputting to mixers ect, but thats upto you.

A fair few amps have headphone/mixer level impedece outputs, it need not be a small one. But if you have a limited budget, it may be a good idea to buy a small amp with a headphone output. What grade of recording are we talking here?
Member of "The True British Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I don't need anything great, I'm just trying to get simple recordings down first... Learn the programs a bit, then get more into the actual recording... It's just my amp doesn't have any outputs for that, which really pisses me off right about now (though i still like it)
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
In theory it should work, yes.
Member of "The True British Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"