what is so good about the epiphone elitist les pauls? is it better to get an elitist epiphone les paul or a gibson les paul for around $1500 canadian
in my opinion/experience

LP Studio < Epi Elitist < LP Classic < LP Standard

so if your budget is just enough for an elitist or a studio, i would suggest the elitist. but if you can go higher you might look into a Gibby Classic or Standard
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I'd take an Elitist over a Studio anyday. The Elitist are basically handcrafted, where as Studios are the budget end Gibsons, and are mainly machine produced. There's a lot higher attention to detail with the Elitist Les Pauls compared to the Studios. You really have to watch what you're going to buy if you're thinking of a Studio. Get out to a few stores and try out some Studios. If you find a decent one out of the Lemons, then get it!

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'