Ok probably a thread bout this already but i can not be bothered looking. SO ive gotten faster at playing but my picking isnt as fast as my fretting wants to go,if that makes sense any tips?
just pick, don't use your fretting hand. Just rapidly pick an open string until you've gotten fast. or slow your fret hand down and work up to playing fast with both.
If you can't arsed to search, why would you think we should take the effort and respond? Use the search you inconsiderate twit.
I have nothing to put in here.
Quote by Righteous
If you can't arsed to search, why would you think we should take the effort and respond? Use the search you inconsiderate twit.

I cant be arsed to search cos I'm a typical lazy musician,flame me if you want but I would rather have the advice mate
Typical lazy musician, eh? Just use the search, it's not that hard. There are probably hundreds of threads on this exact subject. Please, no one respond and just let him look for himself.
I have nothing to put in here.
Quote by Righteous
Typical lazy musician, eh? Just use the search, it's not that hard. There are probably hundreds of threads on this exact subject. Please, no one respond and just let him look for himself.

Screw it just to prove a point I am not gonna use the search,instead, I will actually read the ****ing books I got for christmas, I hope ur proud of yourself!
fair play
EDIT:Actually why? I'm not doing what u wanted me to
Last edited by acdc4ever at Jan 28, 2007,
You're both Twats, get over yourself.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by dementedpuppy
You're both Twats, get over yourself.

wtf who the hell are you to call me a twat?
Just keep practising. Besides, most of the time you can compensate for the fretting hand being faster by playing pull offs and hammer ons in the spaces inbetween strums.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by acdc4ever
wtf who the hell are you to call me a twat?

I can call you a twat because I actually:
1. Type
2. Use the search button

cunt

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by dementedpuppy
I can call you a twat because I actually:
1. Type
2. Use the search button

cunt

Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by Righteous
Now why would I be a twat in your eyes?

Just to stop the fighting. And because you said, "No one give him advice." Then continue to argue.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
The best way to fix that, is try to pick as fast as you can with your right hand without fretting anything. Try to keep it steady and even. Once you have that down, try to catch your left hand up with it (which should be easy since u said that one was faster anyways).
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
Quote by n0e
The best way to fix that, is try to pick as fast as you can with your right hand without fretting anything. Try to keep it steady and even. Once you have that down, try to catch your left hand up with it (which should be easy since u said that one was faster anyways).

Also string skip.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Thanks guys,and the book, I've finally got my picking hand up to speed lol
Last edited by acdc4ever at Jan 28, 2007,
The thread creator is a twat for:
1. Not knowing how to type
2. For being an AC/DC fan (opinion of course)
3. Not using the search button

The other guy is a twat for:
1. Flaming someone who was looking for help instead of giving the answer
2. Coming back to the thread to argue

And to answer the question, pick one string to the speed of a metronome and gradually speed up.
Quote by thrashed
The thread creator is a twat for:
1. Not knowing how to type
2. For being an AC/DC fan (opinion of course)
3. Not using the search button

The other guy is a twat for:
1. Flaming someone who was looking for help instead of giving the answer
2. Coming back to the thread to argue

And to answer the question, pick one string to the speed of a metronome and gradually speed up.

Thanks, we've been there, and you're a twat for calling someone else a twat over musical taste.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by dementedpuppy
Thanks, we've been there, and you're a twat for calling someone else a twat over musical taste.

Thank you.
Quote by acdc4ever
LMFAO
I appear to have created a thread just for flaming
How ****ing great is that?

Congratulations?

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by Righteous
it probably took more energy to write that post
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
it probably took more energy to write that post

NOt really i didn't wanna look through hundreds of threads
I cant be arsed to search cos I'm a typical lazy musician,flame me if you want but I would rather have the advice mate

if your that lazy you wouldnt have enough will power to increase your picking speed
This thread has failed...Miserably...
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
I think it's important that they establish who is and isn't a twat - this way we know how many tampons to give out.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
^^ and handbags.
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

on a more serious note,

you probably havent been practising enough, mind you there is no such thing as enough. So keep on practising.

Practising mindlessly is not good. Get a metronome, build up from very very very slow tempo's and slowly get faster.

Its a long road to speed playing. Theres no shortcuts or anything like that. Just keep at it and it will come.

Do some simple 1234 excercises and build up speed. Do them all over the neck
Eg: 1234, 2345, 3456 etc etc...

PRACTISE SLOWLY FIRST!!.. then build it up to speed. Speed is mostly about muscle memory, you need to have what you want to play fast well in your muscle memory before you can do it well enough.

good luck..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
One more thing, about PICKING, not being a twat , is:
When you are doing the open string just picking, or just picking on one fret, or whatever, make sure you practice putting accentuation on one particular note, like one two three four, one two three four, etc. etc, so that you can:
A) Get it in time and
B) It sounds a bit better sometimes.

Hope that helps.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join