ok so here is my problem, when i pick regular i have very few mistakes. picking regular i mean not fast. but when i play a song that is moderately fast, when i pick i like rub the pick on the strings instead of picking them. so i dont get the note at all! i dont know if its the way i hold it or my posture or what. please help
its the way u hold it; i have this problem too try holding the pick more at a 90 degree angle from the strings
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
its the way u hold it; i have this problem too try holding the pick more at a 90 degree angle from the strings

what do u mean 90 degree angle from the strings? i cant picture it in my head..
Well, this pictures shows basically how a pick is normally held (I was lazy and just found it in a search engine)

Just hold it somewhat tightly like that and you should be good.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
You're actually suppose to angle it like, halfway between the first pick and the 2nd pic there. That way you get the good sound but the least resistance from the pick. And it's just a matter of practice. You have to work your way up to those speeds.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
You're actually suppose to angle it like, halfway between the first pick and the 2nd pic there. That way you get the good sound but the least resistance from the pick. And it's just a matter of practice. You have to work your way up to those speeds.

Whatever, I don't use picks.

Bass FTW.
i hold mine like the one with the cross through it cept the pic is angleing the other way
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.